show me your 70 Darts!!!!

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
C'mon folks!!!Lets see em,in progress,finished or otherwise...

Funny you should post this, look what I just got yesterday for $2k;

My 70 Dart 001sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 002sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 003sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 004sm.jpg

This one belongs to my son:

Working on it.
working_on_Dart_small.jpg

Cruising at the 28th Street Metro Cruise.
DSC_0420.JPG

Dustpan, what size tires on the back of that Gold Dart? Did he move the springs or just do his homework before ordering wheels?

Dustpan, what size tires on the back of that Gold Dart? Did he move the springs or just do his homework before ordering wheels?

DartGuy, if you're talking about my son's Swinger (medium green metalic), it is mini-tubbed with a B-body 8 3/4, springs are moved inboard. He has 255-60R15 tires on 10" rims with, I believe, about 7" of back spacing.

If you're talking about my Dart Sport, it is also mini-tubbed with the springs moved inboard and the 8 3/4 narrowed about 10". I am running 325-50R 15 MT ET Street radials on 10" rims with 3 1/2" back spacing.

How about a 70 dart custom 4 door? 58,000 orig miles, original paint, 318 auto, bbp discs and rallye wheels on the front, rear end is still 7 1/4 sbp for now. will be bbp rallyes within a month.
(See my avitar), 21 mpg hwy and a great cruiser. all # matching and stock minimal rust and some dents. A typical old man driven car, I bought it off the original owner with a bent lca, converted it to 74 dart discs, and rebuilt the entire front susp. A blast to drive! Don't overlook 4 doors! I still have to buff the paint, can't wait to get my Demon on the road though, they will make a good pair! :evil4:

Man !! I know there are more darts on this site.:toothy7:
I am seeing some new one's, Nice.:thumbrig:

I wish I could get in on this thread and shoe you my dart.:crybaby:

Wait.:-k

My new 63 tail light lens and 4 darts.

macy777 007.jpg

Thanks much folks!

Hope theres more to come.

I think thier all beautifull!None is quite as big a project as mine,so far.It had been hit on the right side when I bought it,needed door and 1/4.Then it was rearended by a Fiat Spyder(no damage except the valance).The Fiat was written off.Then it was hit by a rolling tow truck whose parking brakes failed .Minimal damage,just the hood and fender extensions.Is there a hard luck award for Fabo members??LOL!!Anyway,still have it and have replaced most of the sheet metal that was damaged.

Mine,you might just shake your heads and ask why bother?

But it(car that is)is a piece of family history,and we have been through much together.Plus I have all necessary skills(can paint, fab,weld,bondo,sand wrench etc) and am working on the tools/equipment/parts.

My 3 year old son is very appreciative of the pics!Seems I have a kindred soul in him.

I'll have to try taking him to the track(once I find hearing protection that fits!)...

You asked for it! Here's mine, first how it started & where I'm at so far. It's only been a couple months. Wish I was further along. Hope I can get it back together again!

Thats so weird!I saw a Dart the exact same color as yours today and it was for sale too!Nice black bumblebee stripe, dogdishes,beautiful shape.No idea how much.I didnt stop.My wallet already has large multiple holes burned in it....:)

Here is a pic of my 70.
Still lots of work to do.
I really dig this car though.

Picture 405.jpg

Picture 396.jpg

Hey Johnny Dart - what size tire / wheel combo you are running under there? backspace? have you moved the springs inboard? Rearend type? thks

I second that question. I'm getting close on buying wheels and tires and would like to run BFG T/A's all around too on police style rallies.

-
Back