Show me your antique peddle cars

-

2darts

Reaction score
Back in '67 my older brother got me a nice one. I beleive it was based on the Lotus formula racing bodie. Battery opperated engine noise. Race green...man it was cool...the car was bigger then me back then. Had a blast pretending to be a race car driver in the backyard.

Unfortunatly my other older brother wanted to be a race car drive like me (lol) but was a little heavier... he jumps in it and broke all for wheels when he sat in it....splat, I remenber just looking at it and saying you dum f$&K...well maybe not that harsh but pretty dam close too what I was thinking. Well that what I'm thinking now

I always had it in my mind that If I ever see one for sale I would buy it.
That day came last year, as I was doing a little shopping out of town with the GF, I came upon a closed antique store, looking thru the windows to see what they had inside.. as i peeked into the store, hanging from the ceiling I couldn't believe it. There it is!!! the same type of car I had way back then.

Sign on the front window saying that they were closing for good. I'm two hours away from home, dam I got to come back for this ASAP.

The following weekend made it up there and got the car. It was truly a dream come true...I'm a little bigger an older today but the the dam thing looks so good in my living room and no, my brother aint sitting in this one.

Anybody else have your childhood peddle car? Let's see them

Attachments

• 13545_359686040703_2098580_n.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 83
-
Back