Show me your custom gauge mounting!

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I know I said I was gonna use what I've got...but my gauges are shot! I have a complete set of VDO's but just saw another members American made gauges from speedhut.com. I've always wanted to install custom gauges in my car, just at a loss *** to how to do it. I need something that will still allow for removal and access like the stock bezel, or something similiar. I bought a plastic bezel from Rocky Mountain or Redline, cant remember who it was now, been years. It is a piece of garbage....if you want some tacked on piece of plastic for a full blown racecar maybe, but something sweet you want to show off....No way. I have seen some cool stuff here, SuperScamp340 has a sweet set up if you want digital, it is awesome though. Then another guy built a fabbed panel addition where the ashtray went, dont remember the thread. So any of you mind sharing your ideas, try to spark my creativiety! thank you. Dan:worthles:

Here is a custom panel we made for my swinger.

Attachments

• P1010005-2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 342
  • P1010003-2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 355
the plastic piece must be a redline because all the rocky mtn. units are aluminum. i am putting a rocky mtn. unit in my duster. there is a thread on here somewhere showing it.

my cars a radio delete and i really want to build something to put a set of 3 guages in that spot, anyone ever built something like that??

i did. sort of. i made a billit aluminum piece to get rid of the heater controls,but it just has a power outlet in it. i'll get a pic of it.

i also want to move my gauges to under the radio

My triple gauges needed a temporary home, so I just made this out of some 1/4 inch plate, and some exhaust pipe. I made it bolt up like the radio plate, so I can revert back to original....some day.

Attachments

• bills pics 006 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 160
  • bills pics 007 (Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 158
-
Back