show me your early A!

-
1964 1965 use a different intake bolt pattern then the 1966 and up 273,,

if you search e bay under offenhouser some times there are 1964/65 273 4bbl intakes for sale,,,very rare part

This is my new 66 , hope to start on it in the spring.

Picture.jpg

Absolutley correct! Which is a fact that I discovered when I decided to maintain the original drivetrain. Never being one to do things the easy way, I decided to try my chances at modifying an Edlebrock Street Performer, via Milling the surfaces that mate to the block. If memory serves correctly, we milled about .080 from each side and "honed out the bolt holes slightly, then did a mild port match. Result: Perfect seal, no vacume leak and runs like a champ! Not exactly the easiest solution but it's worked for 3 years now, and dad's cruised about 1500 miles since build. I have an older Offy in case the Eddy fails...no poblems yet. Being that I've only played with big block cars, this was a neat little challenge. It did NOT want to come apart nor did it reassemble easily...and the car wasnt even crusty...just OLD and original with a dented pass fender when I pulled her out of an insulted garage up in Philly where it had been sitting for 36 years! Keep em ALIVE!
Randy in Cleveland :)

The bolt pattern is the same. The bolt angle is different. Opening the holes usually works. PAW had a listing for an Offy aluminum for the early 273's.

Bob

I'm looking for more pictures of '63 Valiant front bumpers. How do they differ from a '64/65 Valiant/Barracuda front bumper?

Is this a '63 or 64/65 front bumper?

ae64_1.jpg

af0f_1.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the 63 are flat in the front. That looks like the 64 & 65 style to me.

I'm looking for more pictures of '63 Valiant front bumpers. How do they differ from a '64/65 Valiant/Barracuda front bumper?

http://www.225.ca/parts.htm

This site says the '63 bumper only is correct for '63.

'64-'65 interchange.

From what I recall, from 1976, a '64-'65 bumper,
with the '64-'65 brackets will bolt up to a 1963 Valiant.

This info applies {I would assume,}
to USA built cars,
as the Aussie, and Canada versions, at times are a little unique. :)

http://www.225.ca/home.htm

Nice ride Stroker402. I would love to get into the 11's with mine. 12s are more likely though. What track lets you take it down the 1/4 mile with no roll bar?

If you have a roll bar you got any pictures?

I got one full pass in and then they told me to slow it down or your are done !
I just made some launches after that ... great lakes dragaway union grove wi.
NO Roll bar..... never will....

Nice ride Stroker402. I would love to get into the 11's with mine. 12s are more likely though. What track lets you take it down the 1/4 mile with no roll bar?

If you have a roll bar you got any pictures?

I got one full pass in and then they told me to slow it down or your are done !
I just made some launches after that ... great lakes dragaway union grove wi.
NO Roll bar..... never will....

union grove wisconsin ?? is it still a back woods track ??? i raced there back in the 80,s at a mopar event,,went all the way to the finals,,,got beat when my motor mount broke and couldnt shift in to 2nd,,,was a kool old track,,then was owned by broad way bob,,

63 dart 225 auto vert
going full tilt on resto check out the nice floor pans

m_20e71923b51679edb42f71dd97c5fb0f.jpg

m_bd70e583e6caac044100ebe6879669ee.jpg

m_c3789bf1fde386c9884bfaafb3485f9f.jpg

That is a 67 bumper, most likely will fit a 68 and 69 also.

I can't believe all of these really cool early A-bodies. Not very common in the motorcity.

dart.jpg

silver fish,,,BEAUTIFUL CAR my favorite 64/65,ended up with the 66,but love the 64/65 better,,, is that where the shifter comes up off of the rear shifter position on the tremec ?? or did you relocate it handle position,,,the hump looks good,,,

What size are thoses wheels and tires on that Dart? Did you mini tub and narrow the rear?
The fronts are 215-75 R15 on 15 X 6 wheels. The rear are Mickey Thompson N-50 (14" section width) on 15 X 10 wheels. The front fender wheel openings have been stretched. The car has been tubbed, shortened 8 3/4, springs moved in. Wildwood front disks. Later model "A" body a arms.

My '64 V100, as it currently sits. Getting ready to lose the 170/904 for a 273/904.

DSCF0161.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

-
Back