show me your early A!

-
Djakken, Nice pictures! Nice car! Good lookin' lady, too! My favorite Darts are the 64, and (slightly less) the 63's. I was drawing pictures of them in my school art class when they were NEW cars. The reason I like the 64 cars better is that I've heard that the 63's firewall would interfere with the distributor on a small block Mopar engine. Your engine photo seems to show no problem in that area. Did you have to "massage" the firewall, or do something to get enough clearance for the distributor??

BC

Djakken, Nice pictures! Nice car! Good lookin' lady, too! My favorite Darts are the 64, and (slightly less) the 63's. I was drawing pictures of them in my school art class when they were NEW cars. The reason I like the 64 cars better is that I've heard that the 63's firewall would interfere with the distributor on a small block Mopar engine. Your engine photo seems to show no problem in that area. Did you have to "massage" the firewall, or do something to get enough clearance for the distributor??

BC

Thanks 64ragtop. Yep, the firewall has gone under some massage. Had to cut a piece and weld in an other. With grinding and paint it looks nice. An other thing was to change the centerlink to the dropped V8 centerlink.
I love the 63 Dart, had one back in 73, swapped to V8 in that one to, but was forced to sell it. The reson was that the "good lookin' lady" get pregnant. I still have the lady, four children, six grandchildren, and since three years a new 63 Dart project.

Here's mine! (Yeah, I know it's a '63 grill!)

Attachments

• P1010076 (Small).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,137
  • P1010068 (2) (Small).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,160
  • P1010072 (Small).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,153
  • P1010069 (Small).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,154
Thanks 64ragtop. Yep, the firewall has gone under some massage. Had to cut a piece and weld in an other. With grinding and paint it looks nice. An other thing was to change the centerlink to the dropped V8 centerlink.
I love the 63 Dart, had one back in 73, swapped to V8 in that one to, but was forced to sell it. The reson was that the "good lookin' lady" get pregnant. I still have the lady, four children, six grandchildren, and since three years a new 63 Dart project.

What a great story! I must say I'm somewhat disappointed that the firewall needed "help". Yours looks really nice. I've got a '63 2-door sedan waiting restoration and planned to replace the /6 with a 360. I don't have the confidence you had to do that cutting and welding. Is there anything behind the bump that you removed? Maybe the windshield wiper mechanism?? My '63 is in storage several miles from here, or I'd look for myself. Did you take any photos of that project?

BC

latest pic with new scoop . and roll bar added .

Low 11 second machine ! ............Small blocks ROCK !

Attachments

• raggie at tower by tree BEST BEST.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,159
  • raggie pass rear side BEST BEST BEST.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,128
cudaafter6.jpg

cudaafter7.jpg

My 66..

VERY nice! 66's look great in dark colors, I've noticed.

What a great story! I must say I'm somewhat disappointed that the firewall needed "help". Yours looks really nice. I've got a '63 2-door sedan waiting restoration and planned to replace the /6 with a 360. I don't have the confidence you had to do that cutting and welding. Is there anything behind the bump that you removed? Maybe the windshield wiper mechanism?? My '63 is in storage several miles from here, or I'd look for myself. Did you take any photos of that project?

BC

No photos of the actual cut out and welding, but one just after painting. I made the cut out under the wiper mechanism as you in the picture. The clearance to the distributer is less than 10 mm. I can take some more close-up pictures, with the distributer in place, to night.
/Per

Attachments

• Firewall.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,126
64 Valiant

Steve
64 Valiant
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Attachments

• IMAG0563.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMAG0565.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMAG0567.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,087
No photos of the actual cut out and welding, but one just after painting. I made the cut out under the wiper mechanism as you in the picture. The clearance to the distributer is less than 10 mm. I can take some more close-up pictures, with the distributer in place, to night.
/Per

Distributor – firewall clearance in my 63 Dart.

Attachments

• Fördelare brandvägg.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,135
How many times do you get asked that!!!!!!!! LOL
Moe

About the only time the question or remark comes up is when I post a pic to a board. Even at Mopar gatherings, most folk don't ask. Only folks with the early A body fever, and they often ask "Is that a '63 or '64 car. On the other hand, when someone DOES ask, I figure I have a new friend!

For what it's worth, I was drawing pictures of the '63 Darts in my high school art class when they were new cars. I liked the '64's as well, but wasn't too nuts about the big front bumper and "foo-foo" trim. When the '66's with their slab sided front ends debuted, I thought they had really messed up! And as for the '67's - - well, I like 'em a lot better now then I did then.

Golly, Djakken, that IS close! Maybe I'll just keep that '63 sedan /6 powered. It's hard to find an early Dart as rust free - I towed it back to Texas from Phoenix Arizona in 2005. The '65 Dart I had in 1969 was /6 & "3 on the tree". My younger sister wrecked it, and I didn't have another A body 'til '05.

What size wheels and tires? looks sweeeet

64ragtop Wheels & Tires (I bought mine from Summit Racing)

Rears: P225/60/R15 On TorqueThrust II 15X7"
15" Dia., 3.75"backspace 7" wide (ARE-5155765)

Fronts: P195/60/r14 On TorqueThrust II 14X6"
14" Dia., 3.75"backspace 6" wide (ARE-5154665)

Spare: P195/70R14 on stock rim (Limp Home only)

I hope that helps ya.

Here's a couple shots of mine. Bad glare on the 1st one I know.

Attachments

• 1335712340013.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 988
  • 1335712378526.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 955
-
Back