Show me your factory A/C!

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
I just picked up a complete A/C kit for my Slant Six '66 Valiant Signet (from a '65 Dart GT). Under-dash unit and all. Can you dudes show me some pics of your under-dash and under-hood setups? I'm gonna install this bad boy on my own :)

Pics

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!h!FC0+9TSWiBQ6D8ypd7!~~60_3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 231
  • $(KGrHqJHJCwE-lgbs0YiBPvWRTzgQ!~~_4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 225
  • $(KGrHqN,!hkFCdRsDI5VBQ6D82cM0Q~~60_3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 204
  • $(KGrHqN,!k8E-brKWRc0BPvWRq(S3Q~~_4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 209
I assume you know that the firewalls are quite different between AC and non-AC cars. Some people find it easier to change the entire firewall (not for faint of heart), but requires the engine out. The RV2 is a rugged beast, but a lot of iron.

I just picked up a complete A/C kit for my Slant Six '66 Valiant Signet (from a '65 Dart GT). Under-dash unit and all. Can you dudes show me some pics of your under-dash and under-hood setups? I'm gonna install this bad boy on my own :)

1. harder to do deal

I'm doing mine and have gotten the blower motor in (it good to have friend that CAN cut me a round trim panel for the blower hole) it Ain't for the faint of heart for sure..:D
that one has the under dash vent but has the factory heater-A/C box with dash mounter controls.
View attachment DSCF4258.jpg
View attachment DSCF4256.jpg
View attachment DSCF4238.jpg

2. a not so hard deal
hopefully you have this type for ease of installation.
If it's a factory installed knee knocker, that makes it a lot easier . just 3 holes to do and run the lines. through the holes. 2 for the big hoses in the fire wall and 1(in the hump under the knee knocker area ) for the smaller rubber drain line. * it'll make a wet soggy carpet if you don't run that drain line. oh yeah the green wire goes to the clutch on the compressor mounted to the engine. after you wire it up to a fused 12v power supply ,when you turn on the switch it(the green wire) should have power.

View attachment image 2.jpg

I'm a wimp - I'd go for the knee knocker.
I did that in my '65 Muz - not too hard that one, but the factory setup - GULP!!!

I've got the knee knocker with the legs to bolt to the hump. MUCH easier. I just need to either find or fabricate new front plastics :/

-
Back