Show Your Big Block A body!

-
here is my 68 gt with an 383

68 dart gt first time 010.jpg

Here's my Demon I did last year with a 400.
96w5yc.jpg

Here's my 69 Dart GT\S I just finished.
2v9c4kh.jpg

1586n8g.jpg

Mr.Tires thanx for the heads up on this site! Look's pretty cool so far.

I recognize those mountains anywhere. Its K mountain. I think i bought the dart off you a few months back. It's pretty much toast right about now.

Im in keremeos right now too

I would love to see them .....

When I get a chance I'll see if they got scanned in. If not I'll get them in. The video will be harder to find. I tried to find it some time back, but couldn't. I also have a couple or three magazines with the car, including the first issue of Chrysler Power mag. All the magazines are in a huge pile that I can't really get to right now, though.

As a side note. Your GTS is one of three red 68s that used to reside on the SF peninsula between Redwood City and San Francisco. Tach had yours and a guy in Redwood City (I think his name is Rich Bontempi, or something like that) had the other. I've got the third one, which was sold to Bruce Wong from Van Ness Dodge in SF used in Feb. 1970, and the least modified of the bunch. We got ours from Bruce in Jan 1983. I have no idea where the other one wound up, but it was for sale in Hot Rod magazine in Jan 1986.

hey hound dawger, did you sell the demon yet? nice of you to sign up here.

Did you put it up for sale here too?

Phil

Here is my 69 Dart Custom "cloned" gts.
I have owned the car for GULP!! 21 years.
For the last 2 years she has a RB 512 stroker. FUN FUN FUN

DaDart@navy pier.jpg

Here is my 69 Dart Custom "cloned" gts.
I have owned the car for GULP!! 21 years.
For the last 2 years she has a RB 512 stroker. FUN FUN FUN
I like that Dart, because its super clean with nice paint and a straight body, mega cubes under the hood, a nod to the glory days with the poverty caps, and most of all, the sixpack hood that is painted body color, not the same old "me too" flat black.=D>

Has anyone ever seen a 70-72 hemi swinger ?? I dream of one day putting a hemi in my swinger and painting it like a 68 superstock dart :love7:

heres mine in full street trim. 431 727 dana 60, full intereior bench seat column shifter, full exhuast, steel police wheels. 11.81@112 looks a little different now though.
Scan10030-1-1.jpg

thanks. the only thing i didnt like about the car liek that is some people looked down on it if i took it to a show, mostly other mopar guys of all people. drag racers would be all over it, especially street race guys. i actually had a guy move his car after i parked next to it. damn it might have been ugly but the amount of work i put into it its not liek im going to fling my door into your car... otherwise it was a blast. real fun car. about 5 weeks ago i got it back from paint which my buddy did. i never thought it would look so good, i keep thinking how i liked it better before. oh well. just have to build another.

hey jamesdart, you have any pics of it after paint? would be cool to see the new look

no good ones yet im waiting till i have the police wheels, glass and hood back on then ill post some up.

Here's my 71 Duster with it's newly rebuilt 440. 11.5 comp KB pistons, 509 mopar cam, 1.7 alum roller rockers, 950 proform DP carb, edy Tm7 intake.
Going with a narrowed rear end soon...

4402.jpg

scan0002.jpg

stuff 158.JPG

stuff 151.JPG

stuff 110.JPG

-
Back