Show your engine bay

-

Jasonmiester

Reaction score
What's under your hood?

What makes a clean engine bay?
How much can you hide?
What's your preferences?
What drives you nuts when you see others engine bay?
Mines not done, but looking forward to it..

Attachments

• image-988465613.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 428
  • image-2948348945.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 385
  • image-1508100311.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 337
sloppy birds nest looking wiring drives me nuts.

i like the entire engine painted one color. i don't like heads and intake alumn colored.

i like the engine bay body colored. can't stand the car one color and the engine bay the original color or black.

don't like those universal ribbed rad hoses.

don't like rubber fuel line

sure i'll think of more stuff.. :)

couple of my engine bays from over the years..

liked this a lot better with stock type valve covers..

DSC06178.jpg

DSC09924.jpg

this always annoyed me that it was so dirty looking.

DSCN6644-1.jpg

don't like the way the dealer installed the a/c lines. half assed looking. have to clean it up too. its filthy. its getting a 360 down the road anyway..

DSC_001921.jpg

looking back i'm not sure i like how i did the fuel lines. not sure i like the msd box there either.

Demonmotor.jpg

img055.jpg

this ended up with orange valve covers. looked a lot better. can't find pics though..

img047.jpg

was young and dumb when i did this crap...lol

img079.jpg

think if i did it again i would put the msd box somewhere else. probably just go HEI to clean it up a little more..

looked a lot better orange and with the plug wire routed better.

img050.jpg

64valiant025.jpg

sloppy birds nest looking wiring drives me nuts.

i like the entire engine painted one color. i don't like heads and intake alumn colored.

i like the engine bay body colored. can't stand the car one color and the engine bay the original color or black.

don't like those universal ribbed rad hoses.

don't like rubber fuel line

sure i'll think of more stuff.. :)

couple of my engine bays from over the years..

liked this a lot better with stock type valve covers..

this always annoyed me that it was so dirty looking.

don't like the way the dealer installed the a/c lines. half assed looking. have to clean it up too. its filthy. its getting a 360 down the road anyway..

looking back i'm not sure i like how i did the fuel lines. not sure i like the msd box there either.

this ended up with orange valve covers. looked a lot better. can't find pics though..

was young and dumb when i did this crap...lol

think if i did it again i would put the msd box somewhere else. probably just go HEI to clean it up a little more..

looked a lot better orange and with the plug wire routed better.

Those are some of mine as well
One color bay
Wires not a mess
Radiator hoses
It's amazing how much time some people put into their cars and when they get to the engine, it's like a last minute, thrown together and they stop caring...

I agree with the above list and will add some more.

1. worm type hose clamps
2. huge yellow coils
3. big MSD boxes(in the engine comp on a street car...race car is fine)
4. plug wires that are a completely different color than anything else on the car.
5. rusty headers or exhaust manifolds
6. parts painted to look like zinc dichromate(yellow zinc)...it's not hard or expensive to have them re-plated correctly.

There are more but I think I've alienated enough people so far.

Not an A body but here's my B body. Unless the car is a classic street rod I tend to avoid chrome. I do however like the looks of bare aluminum and I also like heat treated SS headers. While I like real braided steel hoses I really don't like the slip on braided steel "socks" that people put on their radiator hoses and stuff. They usually look like nylons on an old lady. I also don't like the neon colored wire cover used all over the place. Above all I like to see the engine compartment clean.

Not an A body but here's my B body. Unless the car is a classic street rod I tend to avoid chrome. I do however like the looks of bare aluminum and I also like heat treated SS headers. While I like real braided steel hoses I really don't like the slip on braided steel "socks" that people put on their radiator hoses and stuff. They usually look like nylons on an old lady. I also don't like the neon colored wire cover used all over the place. Above all I like to see the engine compartment clean.

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/stumpernc/media/Savoy/Ply1.jpg.html

Body type doesn't matter. We're just speaking of our own opinions of what makes a clean( and preference ) looking engine bay.

Yours looks clean. Clean wires clean spark plug wires.

Younggun2.0 posted a video of his ride in another thread... Holy clean engine bay! Hopefully mine can turn out half as clean. I went with minimal chrome, and only as a accent, not primary focus. Hoping to be able to run most of the wiring out of sight.

Please forgive the crazy passenger side plug wires. I was waiting for shorter plugs so I can hopefully use my msd wires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 257
72 Duster

Attachments

• IMG_20121112_122323.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Engine bay (Small).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 269
I cant stand when the bay was painted with accessories installed (and painted over) such as wiper motors, blower motor etc.

also not a fan of the red/blue an fittings (or worse the fake ones with s/s "look" hose cover) on a non-race prepped car.

I do like shiny paint in the engine bay instead of the dull look.

my bay is in process:

Attachments

• IMG_20130913_093449_688 (3).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 215
I'm going to have to do something with the manifolds soon. I painted them on the engine like the factory did and they turned white. The orange paint doesn't seem to do that. I'll probably have to have the manifolds coated and then just spray the blue around the fasteners.

-
Back