show your mopar you rescued.

-
Call me crazy, But i kinda like the way that blues Bondo bucket is painted. Something to think about

Phil

sitting since '84

car pictures 017.jpg

car pictures 024.jpg

car pictures 026.jpg

car pictures 021.jpg

Call me crazy, But i kinda like the way that blues Bondo bucket is painted. Something to think about

Phil
I never thought to call it that!! LOL
It was painted with house and looks like it was brushed on!! They even painted the inside with that paint!!

100_7396.jpg

100_7385.jpg

We started looking at what we needed to start working on that car and then went and got this one.
100_7533.jpg

The day i bought it.
3d0a.jpg

After new qtrs.,trunk floor exts. and a right inner fender well here it still sits unfinshed 3 years later.:angry7:
1879scd.jpg

my 67 Dart Gt Hardtop came out of a barn lot. The last registration in the car that was readable was from 1977. The plate is too bad to tell what year it is from

The owner has passed but the family thinks that 77 could be when it was parked.

I put the aluminum wheels on to move it from the farm to our barn. The tires on it would hold air just for a few minutes

read2move.JPG

not sure how long it sat here, they built on to the barn and moved it then, my guess it must have been in a barn for some time

rearDart.JPG

pulled it out to load on roll back, 3 brake drums froze so slide it to here

badside.JPG

goodside.JPG

hookedDart.JPG

so far have done nothing but remove the trim off the trunk lid. hope to free the brakes so I can move it easier

badside.JPG

goodside.JPG

hookedDart.JPG

rearDart.JPG

read2move.JPG

That was a nice rescue! Does it still have the orginal 340?

I like the seat covers and panels!

Hey thanks yes it does it has all original motor, tranny, and rear 8 3/4 3:23
buildsheet and fender tag, factory wing car

You guys are impressive!! I wouldn't/couldn't consider 1/2 of those vehicles pictured. I can see the potential, but do not have the skills or the $$ to do what many of you are doing or have done. Kudos to those who "do" to keep the sport alive.

I agree with DartGTDan. I can't seem to find the time or the money to fully restore mine. I found mine on E-bay, bought it after the reserve wasn't met
and had a customer of mine haul it off to his shop. I had him make it start with a key and stop safely. (My wife wasn't too excited about me getting a
old car that would sit around in pieces forever) I have been driving, fixing
and enjoying it ever since. I try to collect pieces over the winter and do the
work in the spring. Last winter I bought a fuel tank,sender, and line kit that I installed in the spring. Year one was giving extra discounts on Super Bowl Sunday so I ordered new seat covers and bucket seat foam. I try not to do anything to it that takes longer than an afternoon. I enjoy driving it too much! My list of things to check out at the Nationals is getting longer. I hope to come home with some 1/4 panel patches (winter project) or some chrome trim. Good luck. toolmanmike

Here is the '74 Dart Sport I bought for my son's first car. The little slant six was seized and the whole back half was rusted badly.

1977512573_8862a192be_o.jpg

Here it is after a lengthy rebuild (our first-ever project).

1977519173_a6fc920848.jpg

Jerry

68 Sedan, you do beautiful work! Is that the Swinger that you may have a chance to buy? That thing is sweeeeeet!! :toothy10:

thanks for the kind words

Unfortunately, no. I wish I could have.

The story is, that car belonged to a CPA named Buddy. He bought it new. Still had the receipt for the $100 deposit he put down to order it. He kept it all these years, the last 18 of which it was stashed in his garage full of his wife's clothes.

Well, Buddy got the big "C". He worked for a "friend" of mine who (for once in his life) decided to do something nice for someone else. So he calls me up and asks if I'm busy, and can I do a lil project for him. Buddy's Dart was the project. Seems Buddy wasn't gonna be around much longer, and my "friend" wanted him to drive his car again before......

Obviously I wasn't gonna say no, so I pulled the car apart in two days sending parts to all points of the compass. And not counting down time for my mom passing away, and the money man's son being in a pretty bad car accident, I got Buddy's car done in NINE WEEKS.

As you can imagine he was floored when he saw it. He got to drive it from about the first of March till he passed away on July 5th.

There is more to the story that has nothing to do with Buddy, so I'm leaving it out. BUT....Buddy had willed the Dart to his son when he turned 21. His widow decided he didn't have to wait, and gave the car to the kid immediately. Buddy's neighbor told me about it, and told me the kid was just beatin tha tar out of it.

Was a lovely number's matching 340 car, and I wish I could have saved it from the kid.

This is my bro's. It's the one I might be able to buy

LEEDART.JPG

Hope it works out for you 68 SEDAN.
This is the start of my current Duster. I bought it around 1999 from a salvage yard in Cottowood AZ. I also got the 69 Runner on the right. I restored that first and sold it to one of my High School teachers. He was driving a 68 Runner as a family car while I was a freshman in school. I think he bought the 68 new when he came back from Viet Nam.

71duster001.jpg

71duster002.jpg

71duster003.jpg

71whiteduster8.jpg

This thread rocks! Reminds me of "cars in barns". Keep em' comming!

Here is a feather duster I got and had a new quarter installed then sold to buy something more complete

NewestFeatherDusterPics003.jpg

Here is the duster I have now when I first got it

New74Plymouthduster002.jpg

Here it is now

Newbikesandduster001.jpg

Here is a car I picked up for parts. Rear and front frame rails were rusted out. Originaly a 360 car I took off everything that was worth anything then scrapped it Pretty much a shell and frame

74Partsduster002.jpg

Here is an interior shot. Not sure where what the buckets came out of I assume B-body. If someone could verify it I would appreciate it.
74Partsduster003.jpg

I bought my Dart in this Condition:
kopievonrimg00431du.jpg

The first try if everything fits
21110531cz.jpg

This is a Pic from last Year i assebled the Car only for our Moparmeeting.
p1010320yp4.jpg

Actual i have him disassembled and go on Restorating.

Well, some would argue that I did the opposite of "saving," since mine is still a daily.

Spring Fling '07 (One week after purchase)
SF07Sat010.jpg

Engine bay then:
PICT4802.jpg

During the following year:
junkyarddemon.jpg

replacingstarter.jpg

Engine bay now:
Newalternator.jpg

Spring Fling '08, one year since purchase:
Dustdevilshowresize.jpg

As it is now. Bad camera phone pic (I'm planning on paint and getting the vinyl roof done.)
dustdevilansens.jpg

Here is a feather duster I got and had a new quarter installed then sold to buy something more complete

NewestFeatherDusterPics003.jpg

Here is the duster I have now when I first got it

New74Plymouthduster002.jpg

Here it is now

Newbikesandduster001.jpg

Here is a car I picked up for parts. Rear and front frame rails were rusted out. Originaly a 360 car I took off everything that was worth anything then scrapped it Pretty much a shell and frame

74Partsduster002.jpg

Here is an interior shot. Not sure where what the buckets came out of I assume B-body. If someone could verify it I would appreciate it.
74Partsduster003.jpg

They look like e- body

Here's my '72 Duster. Lots of plans but I need to get the RC finished first.

Duster 1.JPG

Duster 2.JPG

Duster 3.JPG

Duster 4.JPG

Duster 5.JPG

Duster 6.JPG

Duster 7.JPG

Duster 8.JPG

Duster 9.JPG

Duster 10.JPG

-
Back