Show "YOUR, REAL" 383/440 '67-'69 Barracudas...NO CLONES please

-
Few more pics
20160826_193054.jpg

20160826_184505.jpg

20160826_185119.jpg

20160826_190520.jpg

Sorry Darren can't speak to the difference. That intake was on when I bought the car a couple of years ago. It has a Holley 780 DP on it now with that Mopar Peformance intake. Pretty peppy with that combo. I do still have the original intake and Carter carb. I've got my window sticker as well. You ever find your build sheet?

Thanks for the info Tim, the build sheet is pretty much the only info I don't have, I have looked in all the usual areas. But who knows maybe it will surprise me one day.
Sorry Darren can't speak to the difference. That intake was on when I bought the car a couple of years ago. It has a Holley 780 DP on it now with that Mopar Peformance intake. Pretty peppy with that combo. I do still have the original intake and Carter carb. I've got my window sticker as well. You ever find your build sheet?

Took pictures of pictures of my 69 when my uncle owned it new & after I did some work to it.

old 69 cuda pics 005.JPG

old 69 cuda pics 002.JPG

old 69 cuda pics 004.JPG

old 69 cuda pics 001.JPG

old 69 cuda pics 003.JPG

Took pictures of pictures of my 69 when my uncle owned it new & after I did some work to it.

That's really cool you have that history on the car and it is still in the family! Thanx for sharing!

My dad told me that he, my uncle & a family friend all three went to order there 69 barracudas the same time. My uncle ordered this one, my dad ordered a 340 4spd & there friend ordered a bronze color 383 4spd. My dad said his friends 69 had the black deluxe interior. It would be nice to know what happened to that one. My uncle was the only one that came really late. He wanted the saddle tan deluxe interior (like my dads) but didn't get it. My uncle says he figured they sent him what ever was setting around. BOY ! The stories they have told me about there barracudas

69 A57 383 4 speed bench seat r6 red, red interior...red everywhere.

69 tag.JPG

Waiting its turn for restoration :D

100_3913.JPG

Post 109. Not H or M code. Please post your real 383/440 cars!

Last edited:
no formula s....its a 'cuda pkg.
It looks better with the cover on, believe me.:D

V78 (accent stripe delete) is always on a 'cuda package (A56, A57, A13)

here's a good example of why no one will ever get rich fixing up and selling A-body mopars.

the first picture is of a red "M-Code" 440 Cuda that was advertised on Ebay a couple of years ago. it needed a complete restoration. i tried to buy it but i didn't bid enough. a guy in Ohio ended up buying it and doing a complete rotisserie rebuild. he found a bunch of NOS parts and spent a lot of time and money on bringing it back to "museum" quality. he did a GREAT job - the car is just about perfect. i exchanged several emails with him about the car.

the second set of pictures are of this car when it was finished and advertised on Ebay. the highest bid received for the car was a little over $51k and its been advertised twice now. i'm pretty sure the unrestored car sold originally for around $12k. with the cost of body work and all the NOS parts that went on this car, i suspect the owner now has close to $50k invested.

so i think the moral to this story is - buy a big block Barracuda because you really want to own one. don't buy one to try and make some money on it in a restoration and resale. the cost of repairs, parts and labor given what these cars are actually worth just doesn't make the "numbers line up" for a "big profit."

001.jpg

buy it for 62k no bid last bid 51k.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

here's a good example of why no one will ever get rich fixing up and selling A-body mopars.

the first picture is of a red "M-Code" 440 Cuda that was advertised on Ebay a couple of years ago. it needed a complete restoration. i tried to buy it but i didn't bid enough. a guy in Ohio ended up buying it and doing a complete rotisserie rebuild. he found a bunch of NOS parts and spent a lot of time and money on bringing it back to "museum" quality. he did a GREAT job - the car is just about perfect. i exchanged several emails with him about the car.

the second set of pictures are of this car when it was finished and advertised on Ebay. the highest bid received for the car was a little over $51k and its been advertised twice now. i'm pretty sure the unrestored car sold originally for around $12k. with the cost of body work and all the NOS parts that went on this car, i suspect the owner now has close to $50k invested.

so i think the moral to this story is - buy a big block Barracuda because you really want to own one. don't buy one to try and make some money on it in a restoration and resale. the cost of repairs, parts and labor given what these cars are actually worth just doesn't make the "numbers line up" for a "big profit."

Some of us have owned ours for a long, long time! With that is sentiment to keep it and fix whatever the cost! That being said happy Moparing to you and all!

Something wrong with replies here Joey!

Some of us have owned ours for a long, long time! With that is sentiment to keep it and fix whatever the cost! That being said happy Moparing to you and all!

The standard seat in any 69 Barracuda was the split bench with fold down arm rest.....
The standard seat in all 'cuda package cars was the lowest/cheapest seat, the split bench(L2), NO ARM REST!! Up grade from there. Bench with arm rest, standard buckets, deluxe buckets.

Finally got my '67 383 car on the road. It's a 383/auto/red out/blk inside car & still retains its original paint from the doors back. It's been off the road since the early 80's.

35193618050_a119b85dc7_z_d.jpg

34739628604_9fb47c5fcb_z_d.jpg

35542029956_6cd0132f66_z_d.jpg

120mph Speedometer correct for '67? It was in the car when I got it but I thought for some reason it should have a 150mph.
35450639971_b5449a1c2f_z_d.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1715060729

View attachment 1715060730

View attachment 1715060731
Someone stole this car! Sold for $40,300. 1969 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

-
Back