Show your slant 6 a body!

-
Here is my 66 Dart

Copy of P1020299.JPG

DSCN1315.jpg

Sharp cars guys, you nailed the perfect stance Slanted66.

Here's my project, '63 V200. Haven't made much progress with it, but I'm getting there slowly.

100_2501.jpg

100_2502.jpg

100_2508.jpg

Here's a 70 I picked up last fall. It's the straightest old Mopar I've ever owned. It was actually owned by a little old lady. I can't find a ding on it.

70Swinger.jpg

this is my 76 dodge dart sport, just restored the interior and was about to start rebuilding my /6 when someone hit it in the parking lot at school, the damage is shown very clearly in the last pic (unfortunately) lol

p.s. sorry about the links i couldnt get it to post my pics

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/benjamintaylorjames/2008_08010180.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/benjamintaylorjames/2008_05150011.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/benjamintaylorjames/2008_04300037.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/benjamintaylorjames/2007_03190050.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/benjamintaylorjames/2008_08010178.jpg

This one is mine:
IMG_1833-1.jpg

Dscf0002.jpg

I have owned the wagon over 16 years, only five years more, then my son will have it!
I'm not sure if he want it or not but that wagon was his first ride with the car from birth hospital to our home...

Here is my ´65 Valiant. It is a loong time project, hopefully will get´running in few years... It had a hopped 225 under hood, but it is now sold and installed to my friends ´68. To my Valiant, I´m building something like this :-D Tranny will be the 4-speed it already have, or some 5-speed manual. There is now 12" front disks, .92 torsion bars, 1 1/8" sway bar etc. at the front end. Exterior is fine as it is, I´m not going to do anything to it :toothy10:

118-1883.jpg

118-1884.jpg

Kuva005.jpg

Somehow I´ve always liked slants. My daily driver is Super Six Aspen and I might install a slant to my ´69 Sport Satellite too 8)

This is how I want my 68' Valiant to sit. Please have dad post details.

Thanks again for the kind word guys!

Lowered in the front by adjusting the torsion bars. It has been converted to disks and big bolt pattern. Rear was droped with blocks.

Thanks again for the kind word guys!

Lowered in the front by adjusting the torsion bars. It has been converted to disks and big bolt pattern. Rear was droped with blocks.

Perfect!!! simple, and , inexpensive

Hi All,
This is my 75 Scamp that I won on Ebay. It came from DePere, Wi. and I am from Dunmore, Pa. It's a pretty solid car with a clean interior. 42000 miles on the car and it runs great. I need to adjust the valves, replace the leafs, and do some minor rust repair. All in all it's a fun ride.
Frank H.

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Not exactly pretty, but it gets the job done...wow, I wish I didn't have to say that so often.

Don't compare it to show cars, and you won't have to. :)

Personally, I've gotten tired of seeing perfect paint jobs and engine bays. I like a car to have "patina", and look like it's DRIVEN. A LOT.

I've completely abandoned the shiny, pseudo-restoration plans for my Swinger, and have decided to go with more of a "Rat Rod" look — straight body, nice stance, cool wheels, mechanically superior to stock, and something I don't have to worry about if I drive it to the grocery store and grandma scrapes the fender of her Buick along my quarter-panel and is too old to even realize it (in case it isn't obvious, it's to me happened before).

Don't get me wrong — I have nothing against show cars, and I'm not knocking guys with shiny paint jobs, I've just seen so many of them over the past 15 years that I'm no longer interested in seeing any more. I'd rather see some guy's dirty but functional home-brewed turbo slant under the hood than a pristine big block, or a customized instrument cluster with a rack of modern gauges than another perfectly restored A-body dash. I've seen a few thousand of those, and I'd rather see someone's creativity, not their ability to make old things look brand new. I want to see someone's "thumb print" on a car. I realize this is almost heresy to some folks who wanna relive the 60's and 70's, but to each his own.

Sorry — rant over. ALL of the owners of the cars in this thread should be proud. I LOVE your car, pharmboy. I'd drive it down the street ANY day. Wish I could fake that same consistent faded paint on my Swinger. :)

Personally, I've gotten tired of seeing perfect paint jobs and engine bays. I like a car to have "patina", and look like it's DRIVEN. A LOT.

I've completely abandoned the shiny, pseudo-restoration plans for my Swinger, and have decided to go with more of a "Rat Rod" look — straight body, nice stance, cool wheels, mechanically superior to stock, and something I don't have to worry about if I drive it to the grocery store and grandma scrapes the fender of her Buick along my quarter-panel and is too old to even realize it (in case it isn't obvious, it's to me happened before).

Don't get me wrong — I have nothing against show cars, and I'm not knocking guys with shiny paint jobs, I've just seen so many of them over the past 15 years that I'm no longer interested in seeing any more. I'd rather see some guy's dirty but functional home-brewed turbo slant under the hood than a pristine big block, or a customized instrument cluster with a rack of modern gauges than another perfectly restored A-body dash. I've seen a few thousand of those, and I'd rather see someone's creativity, not their ability to make old things look brand new. I want to see someone's "thumb print" on a car. I realize this is almost heresy to some folks who wanna relive the 60's and 70's, but to each his own.

Sorry — rant over. ALL of the owners of the cars in this thread should be proud. I LOVE your car, pharmboy. I'd drive it down the street ANY day. Wish I could fake that same consistent faded paint on my Swinger. :)

I agree, love the high $$ restoes, but I tend to be drawn to the home brew budget beaters here lately.

I know what you're saying. It took 40 years in the pacific northwest for the paint to look the way it does. Sadly, I do think I'm going to get it painted. The road salt and whatnot here in Indiana in winter will eat a car that's not properly sealed. I was thinking of going with a semigloss paint job, though, keeping the interior about how it is now(leopard seats...don't laugh, I killed/skinned that fake leopard myself), but I've found a very unusual wood-rim steering wheel, grant anti-theft kit(from a previous car I owned), and maybe a new set of gauges that I can trust(the Autometer 4 in 1 looks pretty sweet for the money). I've already upgraded the safety belts to 3-point ones. It's getting disc brakes, a full polygraphite front end rebuild, and a set of aluminum slot wheels courtesy of VDART. A few other planned upgrades would be halogen headlamps, LED lighting all around, and flogging that 170 until it's performing like a mild small block. Should be an exciting trip.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted on your progress!

i totally agree. its nice to see something different at the shows.

-
Back