Show your slant 6 a body!

-
nice car casey70dartreed i agree with your idea on painting your car. i think it will look great and wont blend in with all the rest. good job!

nice car casey70dartreed i agree with your idea on painting your car. i think it will look great and wont blend in with all the rest. good job!

Thank you, it's been fun so far. I plan on doing the body work myself (which means I have some research ahead of me). Just a little bit of rust on the driver's side quarter panel. Nothing a patch panel shouldn't be able to fix. My one big concern is the vinyl top. The Dart has been in Washington State it's whole life and the top has never been removed. A little surface rust can be seen on the back edges of the top. Just a few dents other than that.

Nice wagon btw...Not many out there to begin with. I have seen a Belvedere wagon from time to time, but never a Dart wagon...Especially with a Slant.lol Nice.

This is the Hooptie engine as of today. The Carter is set up as a 600 cfm,
but I think I'll take it back to a 500 cfm after Woodburn this weekend,
and give it another try. Rolled a 16.18 on the G-tech the other day,
88.9 mph. Now with the Head pipes wrapped, it should scavenge a bit
better! :D

Valiant003-1.jpg

Dual Dutra Duals to 2-1/4" head pipes to single 2-1/4" out through an
XLerator muffler. That's the new Poly Motor mount bushing I've been
testing. It's a sticky in the engine section at dot org.

Valiant004-1.jpg

Fun stuff!

CJ

Well here's my contribution....Won't be too long before a roller 360 lives between the fenders .

DSCF1287.jpg

js640_IMG_0150.jpg

This my girls daily driver...........170 with the push button....She had never owned a Mopar, so I bought this for her on Valentines day, now she is hooked....told me she want a turboed slant six in a 64/65 cuda.......

SN850352.jpg

SN850357.jpg

SN850363.jpg

SN850100.jpg

Here is my 1971 dart. Slant will soon be for sale cheap. I have a members restorations thread started. Should have the passenger 1/4 on today.:profilel:

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Picked this up not to long ago. This is my first vintage car. Learning as I go and loving every second. 69 V100 - 225 slant.

Copy of bucket.jpg

Copy of bucket2.jpg

Copy of bucket1.jpg

I can never get enough of looking at this slant six forum... I am so glad that I left my 225 in my 68 post.... Cheers everyone on great projects and fantastic cars !!!!!

Got the 225 in, plumbed up, just need the throttle and kickdown hooked up, and some carb adapters for the air cleaner. Next comes some head work and the offy aluminum valve cover.

Engine Bay.jpg

heres mine Im in need of an early A oil pan and a nice valvecover so the motor isint in just yet....oh and that suburban has seen about five feet of air:-D

l_0efc202a31074b3296a2504fa44dc659.jpg

l_9dd137b8c10f4b15b643fdc10bf7a1a6.jpg

l_9129b46125794bb483e907dcbcbce4ca.jpg

l_c61bba52491148ff862f239aecf67f5d.jpg

Hmmm,

Slantscamp, I dunno who'll go faster, but from the looks of things(namely the lack of a master cylinder in that picture), I might be able to stop a bit quicker. Wait til I get that cylinder head work done I talked about, and we'll see.

Cudaguy, Dig the white/blue scheme, very classy and subdued. Once I get my Offy cover finished I'll have a nicely painted dark blue stock valve cover available, or you might wanna ask around with the guys at slantsix.org, really helpful crew over there.

Cudaguy, Dig the white/blue scheme, very classy and subdued. Once I get my Offy cover finished I'll have a nicely painted dark blue stock valve cover available, or you might wanna ask around with the guys at slantsix.org, really helpful crew over there.

wow, I guess my paint is faded. its a factory baby blue on black car the paint that I got for the wheels and the engine bay is only a shade or two off (brighter) whats in the trunk and in the jambs!

do you happen to know the paint code on your fender tag. my valiant is also baby blue originally, the paint code is cc1. when i repainted my engine compartment, it was a pretty good match to my original faded paint. it looks like your dart may have been that color.

I finally got my intake and valve cover repainted. Last days off I painted them with Eastwood ceramic engine paint. Really pretty paint, it flowed nicely and had great gloss. To bad it was the wrong color. It looked like it had some Chrysler Turquois mixed in with it. Eastwood imidiately refunded my money. I called and talked to a tech rep, told him that I really liked the paint and would like to use it if he could guarantee me that it would be the right color this time. He told me he couldn't and that I should use Mopar engine paint. So I ordered Hirsch paint. This is the result.

DSCF0225 321x200.jpg

DSCF0227 293x219.jpg

DSCF0226 293x219.jpg

do you happen to know the paint code on your fender tag. my valiant is also baby blue originally, the paint code is cc1. when i repainted my engine compartment, it was a pretty good match to my original faded paint. it looks like your dart may have been that color.

I have no clue what the paint code is. I was just going to throw it together as a beater/driver so I got some rustolium 'Harbor blue' and it was close enough for me. $50 paint jobs......WOOHOO! exterior is coming later if I dont sell it before then

-
Back