Show your slant 6 a body!

-
Well, this morning I picked up the car that I am going to keep a slant six in, and eventually doing a turbo set up to it down the road. Its a 63 Valiant 2 door post sedan thats been off the road since 1984 and needs a ton of work, but its nice, straight, and rust free for the most part. I'm pretty excited!
:cheers:

Sounds a lot like our car. exept for the door count. You SHOULD be excited, because you can have a ton of fun with this car for not a whole lot of money. I don't know whether money is a problem for you, but it always was for us... We're both retired and every penny counts... :(

Keep me informed and let me know if I can help in any way.

ow, I'm excited for you.... LOL!

Bill

Money is definatly an issue for me also. Being 20 without a job at the moment, cash is tight. I got this car in a trade for the 318 I was trying to sell.

No, thank you! Your the guys that have already paved the road, I just need to follow it. I never really cared much for the styling of the 60-62 a-body cars actually, but like I said, who knows what I will end up with in the end. Either way, It should scoot pretty well if I listen to you guys.

Same here Bill, X5 if my count is right :D
This is my fave thread to keep an eye on along with all the build threads :cheers:
I need to get caught up on your build!! You have it running and driving now :cheers:
It's just a mater of time know :happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

Same here Bill, X5 if my count is right :D
This is my fave thread to keep an eye on along with all the build threads :cheers:
I need to get caught up on your build!! You have it running and driving now :cheers:
It's just a matter of time, now :happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

EVERYTHING is a "matter of time" when you're 73... LOL! That's not so funny...

We're driving it around (had the front end lined up) and made an adapter for the exhaust to fit where the turbo attaches to the header..... took the turbo off and are putting some "break-in" miles on it, unlown.

I have the MSD inition module/system here with me; as soon as I figure out where these 876 wires go, we'll put it on... :(

Still need to install the accusump (oil accumulator) and get the pinion angle set right.

Also, have to install the boost controller and the blow-off valve, along with the F.A.S.T. (brand) oxygen sensor.

We have a ways to go... but, it's RUNNING!!! :)

Thanks for your interest, Mike... you're the best!!!!

Money is definatly an issue for me also. Being 20 without a job at the moment, cash is tight. I got this car in a trade for the 318 I was trying to sell.

That '63 is a good one!!! You have lots of time; you're a young guy and have the right raw materials for a 10-second car (like Ryan's.)

Don't get discouraged and sell it; the "right car" isn't that easy to find these days.

You car is the LIGHTEST of the 2nd generation (1963-1966) A bodies. If that engine is a 225, it is the right raw material (forged crank motor). Don't worry if it's a 170; 225's are being GIVEN AWAY every day... you can find one. Just make sure it's really O-L-D because starting in about 1976, they replaced the forged crank with a cast one.... not as strong.

Thanks for the update and good luck!!!:cheers:

Bill

Well, here she is. Has a LONG way to go, but everytime I see her I think of what she will be like in the future. Soo much potential. First things first though, she desperately needs a power washing everywhere and to have all of the potentially terrifying (don't laugh) spiders removed that have lived there the last 28 or so years that shes been off the road.

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,188
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,156
Well, here she is. Has a LONG way to go, but everytime I see her I think of what she will be like in the future. Soo much potential. First things first though, she desperately needs a power washing everywhere and to have all of the potentially terrifying (don't laugh) spiders removed that have lived there the last 28 or so years that shes been off the road.

Wow; what a GREAT-LOOKING CAR!!!:blob:

I think I'm in love... LOL!

Don't you ever even THINK about sellling that one; it's irreplaceable!!!

Talk about al the RIGHT STUFF... jeesh!

You must be livin' right... Buy a lottery ticket QUICK!!!

Although, you may have used up all your good luck on this '63, already...

Yes, potential is the key word here; take your time and do it right and you'll have great project car that will be fast and reliable. And, eye candy to boot!

It really IS a "FIND"!!!

Is it a 225 or a 170?

To find out, just look at the length of the straight up-and-down bypass hose (about an inch in diameter) at the very front of the engine on top, going from the head into the water pump (I think.)
If it's only about an inch long, it's a 170. If it's about three inches long (ballpark figures) it's a 225.

Let me know...:happy1:

Rockerdude, that is beautiful! I miss my 63 terribly. Got a 67 now. Having a ***** of a time getting the slant 6 out with the trans attached...any ideas anyone. I cant take the trans off cause the motors froze. will try to post a pic of the former 63 and the new project if my computer will cooperate.

Attachments

• ogvaliant.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • campout 2 014.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,173
Rockerdude, that is beautiful! I miss my 63 terribly. Got a 67 now. Having a ***** of a time getting the slant 6 out with the trans attached...any ideas anyone. I cant take the trans off cause the motors froze. will try to post a pic of the former 63 and the new project if my computer will cooperate.
got it out and on the ground. just needed to drop the tranny crossmember, about a half inch too little room without doing that. anyone need a slant 6? its free, you just come get it. and dont ask about condition, cause i have no idea.

If you were local, I would take it. I still have no idea on what condition mine is in.

Here's my 1971 more door slant 6. 68k original miles.

7.jpg

i want to post a pic but not sure how. i have a 1974 dart swinger. the color is sassy grass green.

what exactlly is a ulr??

It's URL.

That is an acronym for "universal resource locator."

Up at the top of your monitor screen when you're on the WEB, there is a space that has letters, like http://www.forabodiesonly.com

It's like an address.

That assortment of letters is the "address" for this website.

That's what a URL is... just a "web address."

Hope this helps~ :cheers:

'64 Dart

Attachments

• The Dart and **** 046.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 875
  • Collector car insurance pics 015.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 846
  • Collector car insurance pics 068.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 848
  • Collector car insurance pics 066.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 834