Show your slant 6 a body!

-
Here is my 66 Valiant. It only has 45K miles, and its only option is a 3.23 geared 7 1/4. Radio delete, you name it. I think for now its gonna stay a slant, but I have almost everything to replace the 3spd with a 4-spd, and I think I'm to replace the drums with a set of discs off of my 72' Dart. Subframe connectors, torque boxes, etc are all on the way also. Its a project, a very, very budget minded project, to give me something to do while I'm laid off.
10-16-09072.jpg

Thanks for the info..mikeys toy...,i have all the replacement parts in my garage for the car.

Here is my 66 Valiant. It only has 45K miles, and its only option is a 3.23 geared 7 1/4. Radio delete, you name it. I think for now its gonna stay a slant, but I have almost everything to replace the 3spd with a 4-spd, and I think I'm to replace the drums with a set of discs off of my 72' Dart. Subframe connectors, torque boxes, etc are all on the way also. Its a project, a very, very budget minded project, to give me something to do while I'm laid off.
10-16-09072.jpg

I see another 66 Valiant like mine :cheers: Looking forward to your restore :happy10: I could not help but notice that you have barracuda grill inserts, My 66 as you can see is a V100 and slant six standard with an am radio and the grill inserts are different 8)

Memike, I hope mine looks half as good as yours when its done! My grilles were pretty hazy and had quite a few dings, so I decided to be a little different and put some Barracuda grilles in it. Sounds like yours is optioned close to mine! I'll make a new thread when I get all my parts rounded up and I get ready to do some welding and sandblasting and painting.

I like the barracuda grills, keep up the good work and start you a restoration thread so I can keep a close eye on it

I like the Barracuda grills in there too. Would the front clip from a early Cuda fit on my 65 Dart wagon? (pics up a few posts) I have a 4 speed and buckets and was thinking of making it a GT Wagon, but a Barracuda Wagon might be even cooler. My candy canes and the driver fender need to be replaced anyway...

Yep,if you use all of the stuff it'll go right on there and the body lines will match up......
I like the Barracuda grills in there too. Would the front clip from a early Cuda fit on my 65 Dart wagon? (pics up a few posts) I have a 4 speed and buckets and was thinking of making it a GT Wagon, but a Barracuda Wagon might be even cooler. My candy canes and the driver fender need to be replaced anyway...
so I guess you could call mine a valant dart gt barracuda waggin?? did I leave out fifth avenue??? do dodge van parts count too???

frontal.JPG

here is mine 71 Dart Swinger 79,000 org miles org paint
all org except f seat cover and carpet have been driving daily from 9-21-01
when i bought it with 40,000 miles from org owner.
FOR TRADE FOR A MOPAR WAGON = CONDITION AS MINE

382.JPG

383.JPG

389.JPG

385.JPG

USAJon :salute: :rock:, That is a gorilla slant sir :thumbrig:

getting close to be finished..still a driver daily and orignal ,found in a old fellows back-yard .he was hard to part from her .but i got her..

4th week of restoration.jpg

Nov 11 2008 at the house.jpg

finish paint&clear coat 020.jpg

my frist car project {2-week} 002.jpg

last week 008.jpg

last week 010.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

my 67 dart.jpg

Yea that was just a test
No really I just got it and dont know alot about valiants
you are correct it is a signet 200

And a 63 model 340dart :-D I wonder if it's my old 63 ? where are you from ?

There are a lot of slants here more glamorous than her, but here's Natalie - running for the first time since being saving from a wrecking yard this past Spring. She's an all original junkyard survivor, a South Carolina car with 27,000+ miles. I've got lots of plans for her, but I want to preserve her as found appearance as much as possible.

Pardon my bad acting skills, I got a bit excited after she started. :-|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKgkbD-5-E8

Hi,
I found this Valiant in '07 sitting in the parking lot of a foreign car repair shop...I bugged them about selling the car quite a few times and finally one day it was parked out front with a for sale sign on it...I rushed in and said, " hey......" they said, " Sorry, we lost your ph #, we'll sell it to you"! It's Slant powered (225) with power steering and cool color combo. Bought it with what I beleive to be 43K original miles. Runs great and gets lots of compliments. Fastest/quickest 1/4 mile 17.86 @ 75.32MPH with stock Holley one barrel. More pics later, Thanks FABO! great website!....nico

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

'75 Duster, 33k miles, all original except for radial tires and battery, original spare in trunk, no rust, small rips in driver;'s seat, matching numbers with build sheet..

658753387_XQ4tG-XL.jpg

here a pic i took tonight. i found this old dealership in a town about 5 minutes from where i live, so i took the wagon over to get a picture in front of it. pretty cool i think.

P1142788.jpg

-
Back