Show your Slant 6 engines!

-
all Clifford

lancer slant6c.jpg

Doc 540 (Colt) if I put that Clifford intake and headers on my stock slant, will it run right? Is that the intake they say you have to run coolant through?

May I jump in on your question? The Clifford intake is not quite as street friendly as the Offy - more of a race orientated manifold with no provisions for exhaust heat. Yes, there is a water sandwich plate that coolant via the heater hose warms the manifold. And yes, the Clifford requires you to run headers. You mention adding them to a stock engine - without raising the CR by either decking the block and/or cutting the head, head work (port work/OS valves), cam, etc, - you will be disappointed in the performance. I did the just the Clifford intake and headers to my stock 65 Dart way back in 84 and although the exhaust sounded good, the performance hardly increased.

Am doing it a lot different with my wagon this time- block decked 90 thou, head cut at least 10 thou, mild port/polish, 1.70/1.44 oversize valves, 340 valve springs and depending on head gasket thickness will run a CR of 9.4 to 9.7. The cam is pretty stout to take advantage of the mods. I will use my Offy 4 barrel and if I need more, I'll go to my Dutra Hyperpak. I plan on running the FiTech injection. Long tube headers will take care of the exhaust.

Good luck whichever way you go!

20160629_182951.jpg
Good friends 74 Duster ,Just overhauled . We are just putting some miles on it now.

Last edited:
Furiousvip ,
Looks great !What carbs do you have on it ?

Here's mine. Fresh rebuild on 67 Slant in my 81 Ram.
Crane Cams, hydraulic lifters-Duration 260/260, Lift .440/.440
Offy intake with Holly 390
Clifford shorty headers
Best sounding slant I have ever heard, sounds like a V8 haha!

WP_20150823_001.jpg

WP_20150823_003.jpg

WP_20150823_004.jpg

WP_20150823_005.jpg

WP_20131219_001.jpg

Here's some pictures of a slant 6 manual trans truck that was at the local cruise last night...

DSC07473 B.jpg

DSC07476 B.jpg

DSC07478 B.jpg

DSC07447 B.jpg

Nice truck, love the those mirrors.. I've never seen a low mount starter, was that truck only thing?

Not sure, I noticed that also and took a closer picture...

It did have a manual trans with floor shift, so I was thinking it was a manual trans truck thing...

I wasn't sure if that was different or not, so I took a picture so I could decide later.... :realcrazy:

How often do you see an old Dodge truck with an 8 foot box, slant 6, and manual trans??? (Granny gear....) :wtf:

I thought it was pretty cool! :thumbsup:

DSC07480 b.jpg

DSC07455 b.jpg

DSC07472 b.jpg

DSC07460 b.jpg

DSC07461 b.jpg

DSC07466 b.jpg

DSC07467 b.jpg

Last edited:
How are those two one barrels to setup? Jetting wise.
Sorry , I bought it that way , so I don't know , I am about to rebuild them , a new challenge for me , never did it before , they both leak at the float bowl , and she has a little hesitation

How are those two one barrels to setup? Jetting wise.
so if they did nothing to the jets when they put them on , would they be giving it too much gas , or not enough? Paper work with the car says it is 50 over with a mild cam. ( this is way beyond my ability but curious )

-
Back