Show your Slant 6 engines!

-
When you are doing your rebuild and the bowls are open take a pic of the metering block. Stock jets will say 55 or 56 on them. Which would probably be to rich.

My guess for the stumble though is an accelerator pump issue. Buy the kits from Mikes carburetor. They have info on what serial number to check on there to get the right kit.

actually...to check your pump shot. Pull the air cleaners off. With engine off hit the gas and see if a good strong stream shoots into the throat of the carb.

When you are doing your rebuild and the bowls are open take a pic of the metering block. Stock jets will say 55 or 56 on them. Which would probably be to rich.

My guess for the stumble though is an accelerator pump issue. Buy the kits from Mikes carburetor. They have info on what serial number to check on there to get the right kit.

actually...to check your pump shot. Pull the air cleaners off. With engine off hit the gas and see if a good strong stream shoots into the throat of the carb.

Thanks for the info , will do . I did look down them and noticed that the front one sprays much more then the back one , and the air filter is dirty on the front , but not on the back. That is why I figured it was time to rebuild them.

-
Back