Show your wheels

-
I painted the Rota RKRs. The original charcoal finish was what I wanted six years ago but after looking at them for so long, it was time to change them up. No regrets so far.

Before anyone asks, the rears are 15x8 0 offset and the fronts are custom and not available off the shelf.

0B60DDCA-22FB-45CB-A100-FD400823713D.jpeg

I kept it pretty simple, Jegs 15X7 Sport Mags all around. To be honest the BS is either 4 or 4.5, Sad that I can't remember. Doesn't rub anywhere in any turn.
IMG-0698.jpg

Torque Thrust II's in the 17" flavor for the haters. 315/35 and 215/45s.

View attachment 1716099191
They look good to me…but it also looks like the OD on those 315s is only 25.7” (give or take). The performance tires seem to max out at this diameter which is too short for most of us. This is the main reason I gave up on my 17s.

What’s your final drive ratio?

They look good to me…but it also looks like the OD on those 315s is only 25.7” (give or take). The performance tires seem to max out at this diameter which is too short for most of us. This is the main reason I gave up on my 17s.

What’s your final drive ratio?
M&H makes a 275/50x17, and a 325/45x17, both 28" tall..... but they are drag radials, and NOT cheap.
I've got a 255/50x17 nitto G2 on the back of my (off-brand) 57, 27 1/2"tall. (The largest that will fit ).

What’s your final drive ratioOK?
I have 3.91 gears out back. My next set of tires will either be a 305/45 or a 345/40, if it'll fit an 11" rim. Both are closer to 28" tall. I'm gonna switch the tire, then see if going to a 3.21 is worth it. The 3.91 might be fine with a bigger tire, I used to run a 28x13.50, but can't remember that long ago. Lol

I have 3.91 gears out back. My next set of tires will either be a 305/45 or a 345/40, if it'll fit an 11" rim. Both are closer to 28" tall. I'm gonna switch the tire, then see if going to a 3.21 is worth it. The 3.91 might be fine with a bigger tire, I used to run a 28x13.50, but can't remember that long ago. Lol

Is there a model for either of these tire sizes that you have in mind? Both sizes seem pretty unusual. I realize that Tire Rack doesn't have everything but I was curious and took a look

305/45/17 I only see one tire, NITTO NT555RII but it looks like a good one. 100 tread wear...can you get two seasons out of them? :)

345/40/17 Tire Rack shows one tire here too....and only ONE in stock so that may be a bad sign about their availability. TOYO PROXES TQ-- this is a drag tire anyway so maybe not suitable for driving around.

M&H makes a 275/50x17, and a 325/45x17, both 28" tall..... but they are drag radials, and NOT cheap.
I've got a 255/50x17 nitto G2 on the back of my (off-brand) 57, 27 1/2"tall. (The largest that will fit ).

Very cool. For people looking for drag tires, it seems like there are generally more options. Personally, these wont work for me.

Is there a model for either of these tire sizes that you have in mind? Both sizes seem pretty unusual. I realize that Tire Rack doesn't have everything but I was curious and took a look

305/45/17 I only see one tire, NITTO NT555RII but it looks like a good one. 100 tread wear...can you get two seasons out of them? :)

345/40/17 Tire Rack shows one tire here too....and only ONE in stock so that may be a bad sign about their availability. TOYO PROXES TQ-- this is a drag tire anyway so maybe not suitable for driving around.

Very cool. For people looking for drag tires, it seems like there are generally more options. Personally, these wont work for me.

Mickey Thompson and Nitto both have a 305/45r17, I'll most likely go that route when I replace them. That TOYO that you found was the other option, but they recommend a minimum 11.5" rim width for it, mine are 11", so I'm not sure how well they would fit.

I have M/T Street SS tires now, I'm on my 6th summer with them, my car doesn't see a ton of miles, so I'm not worried about what tread life they are rated for. I'm pretty much stuck with a drag radial due to the size of my wheel. My car is mini tubbed with a narrowed rear end, so my wheel choices are also limited. I used to have a 15x12 on the back, and stepped down to an 11 to try and help, if I was smart, and willing to spend the extra money at the time, I would have went up to an 18 in the back, there are a few more tire choices. Ideally, I would have liked to go with a narrower wheel, but due to the width of my axle, I couldn't since I didn't want the tires tucked in that much.

The Nitto 555 is considered a drag radial too, just not as soft or hard core (or effective) as a M/T or Hoosier. (They have a zero tread rating)
The nitto g2 is just a "ultra" high performance tire (their claim).

Last edited:
Tire size. Com says 345/40x17 doesn't exist. I can't seem to navigate Tire Racks useless web site to find what I want. Of course , I would never buy anything thru them anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I didn't give up at tire rack, and found them, (it). It annoys me that the first thing they want is car info, and won't let you do anything till they have it.I KNOW WHAT FITS MY CAR MORE THAN YOU DO! Just let me look up tires by size.
Edit: not speaking to you 72Duster440, just annoyed with parts houses and online companies that have to have vehicle info before they can do anything.

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever used Tire Racks website, but most have an option to search by size, it's just not always that easy to find that option.

Same at the local parts store. I asked for a 36" piece of 3/16" brakeline, what cars it for? Who cares, it's a generic part.

Yeah, I didn't give up at tire rack, and found them, (it). It annoys me that the first thing they want is car info, and won't let you do anything till they have it.I KNOW WHAT FITS MY CAR MORE THAN YOU DO! Just let me look up tires by size.
Edit: not speaking to you 72Duster440, just annoyed with parts houses and online companies that have to have vehicle info before they can do anything.

I can't say I've ever used Tire Racks website, but most have an option to search by size, it's just not always that easy to find that option.

Same at the local parts store. I asked for a 36" piece of 3/16" brakeline, what cars it for? Who cares, it's a generic part.

Yep, they have a search by size option. No idea what cars came with a 275/35R18 so I just skip the "what model..." option and search by size.

1686164213801.png

-
Back