showed my D100 some love yesterday....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
after doing nothing but drive my truck this past summer because i was working on the darts drive line swap and didn't want two vehicles apart i finally showed the truck some love..

the red wheels have been driving me nuts since i bought it over a year ago.. was just going to paint the 15x7's on it white but they just looked like they were too wide on the truck. would have liked a stock set of 16" wheels but they are hard to find and then to ship end up costing like $30 each for shipping on top of the purchase price.. would have loved a set of detroit steel wheels but they are crazy money and then i need tires on top of those. plus i like to use the truck as a truck and expensive wheels with low profile tires would make me nervous.. so i went with a set of 16x6 wheel vintiques smoothies. went 16" because a set of jeep take off tires can be found dirt cheap (paid $100 for all 5 tires)and thats what i ended up using.. i think it looks a ton better with the thinner wheels and tires on it.. kinda stock/modified at the same time.. had a local body shop match the original white paint thats showing on the roof.. and its damn close to the original white on the roof.. in the end i'm happy with how they look. the tires (225/75-16) are a little taller then what was on there so my highway rpm lowered a little too so thats a good thing too..

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

little better look at the wheel. the picture makes them look real flat.. sun seemed to wash the lines out..

15135729_10154274371594862_7904310223084698359_n.jpg

originally wanted to lower it but i like to use it as a truck so i think any lower will hurt that part of it.

I really like the look of the red rims looks good with that body color .The white is nice also .

Looks a lot better with the new wheels/tires. I had a full set of 16's for my truck but I didn't like that they were only 4 1/2" wide. If they're as desirable as everyone says, I might have to get them back! I'm partial to the stock look on my truck too.
20160531_191532_zpsrpidwtct.jpg

commando66 , thats one sweet pickup , thought is was going to be up for sale a while back . it so clean i'd never be a player , but love see it . i only have one idea for your rim package , trim rings . would set it off . had a 69 d100 adventurer shorty , not near as beautiful as yours , 383 auto , ps . got killed by a friend that '' get needed to use it for an hour '' . came back on a flatbed tow , couldn't even roll . bought the 60 to replace it , thats getting hotrodded as we speak . my 64 d100 has a 383 in it .

DSC03833.JPG

DSC07848.JPG

i don't like the trim ring idea.. mine had them and i thought they just looked out of place.. i like the bare bones look of rims and doggies..

Looks a lot better with the new wheels/tires. I had a full set of 16's for my truck but I didn't like that they were only 4 1/2" wide. If they're as desirable as everyone says, I might have to get them back! I'm partial to the stock look on my truck too.
View attachment 1714990770

just not a lot of them around.. seems guys are looking for them.. i had found a couple sets but they were too far and shipping is too much after sale price... thats why i went with these wheels.. they are 6" wide so the jeep tires fit great on them.

ya , but commando66's p/u is a trimmed out adventurer . think it would look more finished .

thats what make the united states of america . the freedoms to have a mix of opinion and views . thank god !

Pomonamissel, I sold my station wagon so the truck is staying. My truck came with the truck style bottle caps but I like the car caps better. I'm not a fan of trim rings with small caps. Abodyjoe, your truck looks great, I'm sure there aren't many like it in your area.

Pomonamissel, I sold my station wagon so the truck is staying. My truck came with the truck style bottle caps but I like the car caps better. I'm not a fan of trim rings with small caps. Abodyjoe, your truck looks great, I'm sure there aren't many like it in your area.

not many at all.. i can't believe the attention the thing gets. its all well used looking too. not like its a real nice looking truck.. stopped at th elocal pizza shop one day and had 5 people around it asking me questions about it.. the shop owner asks me all the time where it is..lol

-
Back