Shuebeck lifters?

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
were any solid lifters made for Mopars? are they still available or is there a newer alternative? Thanks! Bob

Yes, they made solids for Mopar. Not sure if they're still business. Last I heard a few years ago, the ceramic pucks used on the bottoms of the lifters were going bad. I'm sure people with more knowledge will chime in shortly.

When I bought my Indy headed R3 block it came with a .650 lift solid lifter cam from Hugh’s and a brand new set of Shubeck lifters. When I went to assemble everything I did a lot of reading on those lifters and heard how desirable they were. I was kinda gun shy hearing that if one shattered it could really tear things up inside the engine. So
I sold them and ordered a set of EDM lifters. They held up great for five years so I’m happy with my decision.

read a little more, guess solid iron Trend lifters with "DLC" is the equivalent?

DLC is a diamond like coating. Most coatings are only .0002" or so thick. It's only as good as the material underneath. DLC on soft steel is like an m&m - hard on the outside, crap in the middle.
DLC is good insurance on hardened steel but isn't a cure all unfortunately.

I really like my Trend H-13 sft's with oil hole in the face.They also have a GOOD radius on the face. I think 68 grams is the weight, that is alot better than 120-130 grams. I've ran the piss out of them with 3-different cams and getting ready for a 4th build. I think they are cheap at any price. I am addicted to lightweight parts through out.

When I bought my Indy headed R3 block it came with a .650 lift solid lifter cam from Hugh’s and a brand new set of Shubeck lifters. When I went to assemble everything I did a lot of reading on those lifters and heard how desirable they were. I was kinda gun shy hearing that if one shattered it could really tear things up inside the engine. So
I sold them and ordered a set of EDM lifters. They held up great for five years so I’m happy with my decision.
R3 block? Shubek lifters? ...and here all this time I thought you were a budget racer.

With DLC coating on lifters and good oil lubrication, I believe that coating will last forever. The coating is not only hard and wear resistant, it slippery as well.

They made solid lifters.
They are out of business for several years.
You can shim any of them to make the lifters solid easily.
I run them as shorten travel Hydraulics.
I never run them as solids = they have any clearance and
the bottoms have shattered and have turned $20,000+ engines into
junk in 30 runs. They need slight amount of preload to live and
can not do that if made solid.

Few stockers run them anymore except for me = i do not want to run
the new billet camshafts.

R3 block? Shubek lifters? ...and here all this time I thought you were a budget racer.

I picked it up locally for 7000.00 as I remember it. He said 6500.00. Balanced 422 Eagle assembly, ported 360-1 heads, Indy intake, new ready to go R3 block, .650 lift solid cam, and Scubek lifters. Come on I had to buy that. It was even less than 30 miles from home. I did a little flow and porting work mainly on the exhaust side. Ported the intake and it ran 9.30’s. Ran it for five years and plans are for more head work and possibly a roller cam if I find the right one. Ohhh and hopefully more compression.

-
Back