shure grip oil aditive

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
do i need to ad the friction modifier to the oil for a mopar shure grip cone stile rear. thanks

Yes you do!!! Get it at your local C/D/J dealer. I double dose my Dart and my Dakota R/T.

BTW: Don't be tempted to get it at the local auto parts store. I tried theirs once and it didn't do nearly as good as factory stuff. Don't know what the diff is. Just know the factory stuff works better and best part is it costs no more.

I was just gonna run a standard rear gear oil. I didn't know I also had to use an oil additive. Is it mandatory for a clutch type sure grip? whats the bottle look like?

i got it from the local ford dealer. its the same stuff and they actually had it on the shop unlike the local chrysler dealer.

I bought it at sumitt to use with a clutch stile just wasent shure about the shure grip(sounds almost like a poet).

It's simple gentleman, whether you've got the clutch type or cone type sure grip differential you must use the oil additive and can usually be purchased at most of the Big 3 parts shops. At least then you'll know what you're getting. The Mopar oil additive P/N used to be, and may still be, 4318060

96jmf7.jpg

Years ago I got a bottle from my Dodge dealer. The guy told me it contains whale oil and not to get any on my hands. Otherwise the girlfriend probably wouldn't get near me for a week. He said it smells like a nasty hoo-hoo. The stuff today is probably some synthetic type of oil.

Wylde1.

-
Back