Sick Leave tactic...

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Sick Leave

I urgently needed a few days off work, but, I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave.
I thought that maybe if I acted 'Crazy' then he would tell me to take a few days off.

So I hung upside-down on the ceiling and made funny noises.
My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was doing.
I told her that I was pretending to be a light bulb so that the Boss might think I was 'Crazy' and give me a few days off.

A few minutes later the Boss came into the office and asked, 'What in the name of goodness are you doing?'
I told him I was a light bulb .
He said, 'You are clearly stressed out.' Go home and recuperate for a couple of days.'
I jumped down and walked out of the office...

When my co-worker (the blonde) followed me, the Boss asked her, '..And where do you think you're going?!'

(You're gonna love this ....)

She said, 'I'm going home, too. I can't work in the dark .

One outfit I worked for, had not been there very long, we were tasked with going out on a service call, and "things worked out" that all of the shop RF service monitors were being used by others. My partner says, "get your light bulb and get on your unicycle"

Of course I didn't know what that meant, and it turns out that some time before I came there, the boss had told one of them "I don't care if all you have is a light bulb and a unicycle, get out there and........."

(Most of the time, fortunately, that was not the company's attitude)

-
Back