Side Impact Duster...

-
Wow, those look great. =P~ I admire your ingenuity. Now I'm thinking how nice it would be to have some really comfortable seats. The previous owner installed new seat covers over the old, hard, deteriorating foam.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.
I pulled these from a 98 Volvo S70. I was sitting in the car out at a local yard and started thinking...hmm..... I bet this whole set will fit my Duster. Upon bringing them home I started the mock up. They were a lot of work to get the perfect fitment. However they are almost a perfect fit.
I work out of my 1 car garage, so this probably took twice as long as it should have taken. The back seat was the toughest as they have no provisions underneath for the stock hooks. So I broke out the welder and fabbed up a pretty slick setup. The front seats were easy; only having to make 8 new feet to sit on. Then the shoulder belts for the back were tough as I had to set and remove the back seats about a million times for the right fit. The center console I pulled from a 98-99 Chebby s-10, because it was an identical color match. I think that I will keep looking for a different console as this one just isn't perfect.
guess I should have read this LOL

is the width of a dart the same for the back seat if so i may do this too

The backseat of a Dart should be the same size. This backseat offers about 1.25inch of wiggle room on the bottom. The top half fits like it were made for the car. Actually, the top was a folding 2 piece design 60/40 but I had to make a plate to attach the 2 halves as the back rest has the 2 support braces. The center armrest also has another plastic piece behind it that folds down, for truck access. So you could slide in probably a couple 10 foot 2X4's when your at the hardware store if you needed it.
No butt warmers in this set, though they do exist. The wiring was 1 pos. 1 neg. Front drivers seat is 6 way adjustable, with 3 memory settings for different drivers. Passenger side seat slides and also has lumbar positioning adjustment and the front lifts up for a more reclined sitting posture.

Very, very nice. I would like to see some larger pictures please.
C

Man that's slick!!! Now we will all be looking for wrecked Volvos! That is awesome! but I think you just ruined my plans for keeping the duster stock!

Missed this thread entirely, but wanted you to know this looks simply fantastic. I know the Volvo seats because I owned one :-D I never thought about transplanting them though. Genius!

no hate here, wonder if you could use the stock bottom rear seat frame and stretch the Volvo cover over it, to save some fabbing.

Very slick! Looks better and likely feels better than stock.

Me I'll stick with a stock rear seat and some nice comfy aftermarket jeep seats. They look a tad more comfortable than a lightweight buck.

I'll be spending time at Summit...

in NY they destroy the air bags since its illegal to sell a used air bag.

great job! Where did you mount the rear seatbelt retractors - under the parcel shelf? If you have any pics of how the rear shoulder belts are installled I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Got to admit .. thats 1 snazzy looking interior !
You should run a thread on what mods were needed to install !
Unless its just got to be MoPar .. This aint a Bad Idea !

just looked up local yard and they have a few they dont know colors but only charge 150 for all the seats lol nice and cheap

This idea opens the door to trying other combinations that are "off the reservation".
I was toying with putting Neon SRT 4 seats in my brother in law's 72 Duster. ^^This may be a better way to go.

in NY they destroy the air bags since its illegal to sell a used air bag.

In New York they destroy a lot of things because it is illegal to do anything that resembles common sense.

Former New Yorker.

Love the seats. Wonder if they would work in my Cuda? I am all about comfort at this stage of my life ;-)

-
Back