Side view mirrors- After market?

-
E

EP87

I'm getting ready to do the body work on the Dusters doors and I'm looking for some mirrors for both sides, I'd like to fill the existing holes and drill new ones if needed. I've got stock type chrome now but would like to upgrade to something paintable, a little sleeker kinda like the later rally mirrors. I'd rather
not pay for the original type they seam to run about $300 for the pair
so I guess I need to find some aftermarket type.

Anybody running something like this now. Pic's would be great.

Thanks Richard

Surf the salvage yards until you find something you like and make em work. It'll be a good way to draw some attention at the cruise ins!

I got a set of these from summit for my 73 duster, they look pretty good to me and there relatively inexpensive too!

cip-19100_w.jpg

ya know I've been looking at those. They are all over at the yards, buick, GM mirrors came on almost everything through the mid 80's.

I was just wondering what could be done, mount on the door face? or would that be too far away from the car? OR modify the post to match the top edge of the door, I suppose I should pick one up to play with.

I got a set of these from summit for my 73 duster, they look pretty good to me and there relatively inexpensive too!

That the type I'm looking for. The price makes me wonder about the quality, but
for that price I can't go wrong so I think I'll order a set today and check them out.
Thanks Richard

They DO look good painted...wonder why the description on the Summit page says they are not paintable. $125 for a chrome passenger side mirror to match the one on my driver's side, or these. Even factoring in the cost to paint them, these seem like a very good option. Good find!:cheers:

-
Back