silly question

-

ef8340

Reaction score
i just got done swapping over to BBP and disc brakes. and for the life of me i cant get the rears to bleed. now im probillay going to answer my question. did i need to grab the rod that attaches to the brake petal and goes inside the master cylinder, cause i can get fluid coming out of the rear part of the cylinder and fluid coming out of the disc up front but when i crack the front part of the cylinder nothing not even at the wheel cylinders out back. it also seems to be making a slirshing sound from inside the cylinder when trying to pump them up. do i need to grab that rod too?

I guess I don't understand "grab the rod"

You need to what is called "bench bleed" the master which insures that both pistons are properly primed. You can do this in a vise, using most anything (phillips screwdriver) to actuate the piston

You do NOT want to allow the piston to return and suck air back into the master. Normally this is done with a little parts store "kit" that consists of some fittings and small hoses/ tubes that come from each fitting, up over and dip into fluid in the top of the master, allowing air to bubble out, and fluid to suck back in

Like so:

Bench%20Bleed%20master%20cylinder.JPG

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtMx_4PBtk&feature=related"]Wilwood Master Cylinder - Installation and Bleeding Procedure - YouTube[/ame]

I made my bleeder tubes out of 2 pcs of regular brake line- actually cost less than the plastic tube kit and I don't have to worry about them coming out of the fluid. Just cut one end off, form the line to fit into the reservoir, screw them in and done.

the master cylinder was from a running driving car when i pulled it (its new aswell i tested the brakes on doner car before i dissasembled it) i plugged the holes. do i need to grab the rod that attaches to the pedal are the rods different sizes the car originally came with 10" drums all the way around

-
Back