Silver Wheels Insurance

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well thinking of insurance for the Dart.My regular insurer witch was alawys cheep and never ask for an appraisel now wants one done.I know were thatsss going oooo 25 grand we want 150 a mounth.Quick call to silver wheels at 25 grand its like 300 for the year.So who here is useing them and how are they to deal with.The last time i had an appraisel on a 69 camaro 20 years ago at 10 grand they wanted 1200 for the year.So all thoughts on Silver wheels please.Good and bad.

I just insured my duster with hagerty, for 20' gs. no appraisal, just had to send them some pics of the car. and added hagerty 125 plus and only cost 389 a year.

I'm using Silver Wheels and so far I'm pleased with them. I had to have my car appraised but based on my $4k appraisal I'm paying $112 per year.

My Demon's all hacked and modified, so they put me under their Custom Wheels plan. It's more expensive than their Silver Wheels plan. $18K appraisal and $30.39 each month. I've never had a claim so I don't know what that part will be like. 10 years ago I was with the co-operators insurance. Just the basics and fire/theft and I was paying $100/month. Back then with a $10K appraisal, Custom Wheel plan with FULL coverage was $25/month. Saving money IS a good thing. :cheers:

Wylde1.

Well thinking of insurance for the Dart.My regular insurer witch was alawys cheep and never ask for an appraisel now wants one done.I know were thatsss going oooo 25 grand we want 150 a mounth.Quick call to silver wheels at 25 grand its like 300 for the year.So who here is useing them and how are they to deal with.The last time i had an appraisel on a 69 camaro 20 years ago at 10 grand they wanted 1200 for the year.So all thoughts on Silver wheels please.Good and bad.
i use grundy i have had 2 others before them i wouldn't change all they asked for was 3 pic's and $105.00 a year oh yes and i can drive it as well

does anyone know the phone number or website to silver wheels?

A little closer to home is Gary Steeve's Insurance in the Moncton area. I have mine through them. Mine is appraised at 23,000 and the Custom Wheels insurance is a little less than 500 a year. You do have to get an appraisal by one of there certified appraisers though. They do have a website.

Jack

A little closer to home is Gary Steeve's Insurance in the Moncton area. I have mine through them. Mine is appraised at 23,000 and the Custom Wheels insurance is a little less than 500 a year. You do have to get an appraisal by one of there certified appraisers though. They do have a website.

Jack

http://www.garysteevesinsurance.com/
I see they are underwritten by AVIVA just like Lant in Ontario.

Wylde1.

Ive used them for years, no problems . Tony Lant, the broker understands the hobby. I think I am paying 160/yr. No problems ever.

Wow this is great boys,I also talk to Dodgefreak over the phone and he said it was painless so to speek.Sure i will get a quote for msure now.Thanksssss

I, like Jack am insured with Gary Steeves (AVIVA ins. Ontario). Since our rides are not stock we must go through the custom wheels plan. The silver wheels is for stock vehicles and is less expensive to buy. Mine is appraised at only 13K and I pay $367/yr.

My 73 Dart Sport 340 is insured through Silver Wheels,was appraised at $18K 3 yrs ago.I pay $168 a year.Make sure you ask for the A-19 policy for full replacement value.Good Luck.

I was with silver wheels as well for many years and switched to Wetter Oakland. They were a bit cheaper and it is a family biz.
I have a buddy not to far from me that left his Duster in his detached garage. Turns out a local kid got P.O with his parents and left home. He found the duster in this garage and caused some major damage getting into it because the car was locked. Damaged the door and the moon roof. He was crashing in the car at night for a few day's. The owner called Tony at LANT Insurance and they would not pay the claim because even though the car was locked the garage was not. Luckly the cops found the kid and the parents footed the bill for the repairs, $7000+ dollars.
That was one of the reasons I switched.
AL

used them for years,no issues. have now put the barracuda on the policy. need to have appraisal done on it $86.00 at this point, based on what I paid.
Challenger is about 540.00 based on its last appraisal. easy to deal with. shoot me a pm if you want the appraisers #.

Used them for years..no problems with modified..just need appraisal..I have them with the duster however, I have to cancel because the car is gong in our Kids name.3% discount if no claims..have seen one accident that I thought they wouldn't cover and they did in one day !!! Couldn't believe it. They also do out triler but not the Mustang because it is too new..

Though any other company is too expensive..oh, really easy to deal with.

Ian.

Keep them coming guys not sure now who to go with.seams like the days are gone were one could call up our insurer and its done in that day.

Snake,if you get your appraisal(Lant ins.company has a list to pick from)and snap pics of the car,inside/outside you can fax it all to them.Local post office,library have faxes available.Should get you insured quicker!Good luck.:clock:

Take a look into Grundy my '70 duster is insured for $30k cost me $310 a year...

I think silver wheels is a pretty good deal at a $100 or so a year, my other insurance company (PC Finincial) wanted over $900. I'm guessing they are all underwritten by Aviva anyhow..

Snake,if you get your appraisal(Lant ins.company has a list to pick from)and snap pics of the car,inside/outside you can fax it all to them.Local post office,library have faxes available.Should get you insured quicker!Good luck.:clock:

Now thats the ticket Scott I like things simple and fast.Thanksssss

-
Back