Simple 1967 Dart Door Lock Mod

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
I think this will work for 1968 and 1969 cars as well.

I got tired of having to use the key to lock the doors and not being able to push the lock button down and closing the door to lock it.

So, I came up with this simple solution, which is reversible if you are careful.

It is easy and simple to do, once the door latch/lock assembly is removed from the door.

View attachment Before1.jpg

First, remove the small plastic rod retainer.
Then take a torch and heat the tab that is circled in the photo and bend in back straight or flat.
Once the tab has cooled, put the plastic rod retainer back in place and reinstall the door latch/lock assembly into the door.

View attachment After1.jpg

Works Great.

You can now push the lock button down and close and lock the door without useing the key.

Be carefull DO NOT LOCK YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR !!!!!

Herb

Same in my 66 model, but like 1968dartman I am glad I can't lock my keys in the car.
Thank you for some good info that some members will like to know :cheers:.

It's funny when I have a passenger get out and lock the door and see me reach over and push the lock down :D
he/she always say :blob: Hay :blob: I locked it already :happy1: then I show them and they wish there new car did that :D

thanks for the time & detailed instructions ,Lawrence

Same in my 66 model, but like 1968dartman I am glad I can't lock my keys in the car.
Thank you for some good info that some members will like to know :cheers:.

It's funny when I have a passenger get out and lock the door and see me reach over and push the lock down :D
he/she always say :blob: Hay :blob: I locked it already :happy1: then I show them and they wish there new car did that :D

That happens in my 66 too lol

What's the mod to make the trunk lid act like the door?
I haven't locked my keys in the trunk (yet) but I've heard it's no fun. My trunk lid clicks closed extremely easy, and the fastback interior panel locks from the trunk side, so I'm always careful, but stuff happens.

Thank you! my sons 70 has one door that locks with the key and one that no key is needed. Now I can make them both the same!

-
Back