SIMPLE BUT SILLY QUESTION

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
The dash bezel I bought for my 67 barracuda didn't have small round lenses for the brake & high beam indicator lights. I bought new ones. Now I don't remember which one goes where lol Also on the back side of the gauge cluster. The same side that the speedometer plugs into. Just above that there is 2 little brass prongs sticking out. Question is is there suppose to be 2 or 3 prongs ? Mine is a 67 does 67 only have 2 or is 1 broken off & what for wires plug into them ? Thanks

high beam on left, brakes on the right...

Looking at the bezel from the front- left indicator is high beam and the right indicator is brake. Your cluster has two printed circuit boards. The one on the left is over the speedo cable. It has three pins in it to connect to a three wire connector. Those three pins feed- high beam lamp, one instrument lamp and left turn signal lamp. I just purchased the two repop boards and they are made better and stronger than the original. These connectors show on the FSM. Good luck.

Looking at the bezel from the front- left indicator is high beam and the right indicator is brake. Your cluster has two printed circuit boards. The one on the left is over the speedo cable. It has three pins in it to connect to a three wire connector. Those three pins feed- high beam lamp, one instrument lamp and left turn signal lamp. I just purchased the two repop boards and they are made better and stronger than the original. These connectors show on the FSM. Good luck.
Thanks for the info where did you get the boards at

Boards can be repaired, but somehow I broke three pins at the eight connector. Bought the replacement pair. They are made in Canada and well done, stronger than the originals. Everyone sells them for the same price. Year one was out of stock, so ordered mine from Classic Ind. Be patient. Took twelve days to take from shelf and put in the mail and five more days in the mail.

Had an old board laying around. So I pulled one of the brass studs off & put it on my barracuda board where one was missing. I used JB weld on the back side & soldered the front. It seems nice & sturdy. Hope it works

Had an old board laying around. So I pulled one of the brass studs off & put it on my barracuda board where one was missing. I used JB weld on the back side & soldered the front. It seems nice & sturdy. Hope it works
There is a small relief in the pot metal housing. Too much of anything conductive on the backside of the board can be a short to ground. Maybe cover your JB Weld with tape for insurance.
Aftermarkets replacement boards have shorter male terminals/pins. Factories female terminals used here are oval shaped. No keeper allows them to move about in over sized hole. They never did contact the full surface of the male terminals. That is why the OEM pins are long. So aftermarket boards forfeit some percentage of the current path. I don't know that it makes a difference. Push the connectors all the way onto any of them and carry on.

Last edited:
-
Back