simple kill story...duster vs civic

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
i took my duster for a ride ... wasnt really heated up , and just woke up of a 10 day sleep ( bad weather in montreal ! ).. i stop at a stop light ... waiting patiently for it to turn green .

I ear a some car honking ... as i see a friend of mine ( coworker ) in the passenger side of the car , and he scream , my buddy here ( civic ) just invested 6 000 $ in this engine .. he as a frankenstein motor .... a b2o with a crv head wathever , and he said that he runs 13.5 on street tires ..

the driver looks at me and said wanna race ? i start laughin ... wondering if he was serious ..and few seconds later i see him verry focused at the light ....grabing is steering and waiting me to race him...

i said to myself u know what... lets do it , i never never race in the street..but i dont regret it ... light turns green and bam ..too hard on the pedal .. car turns sideways while im burning the tires .. and finally it hooked up ... ran laser straight ...and few seconds after , i turned my head and said... HEY !!!!! with did he go !..

Finally i go work this morning and the same guy in the passenger seat says to me ... OH Man ...my friend was so pissed..he never tought that youre car was that fast...was around 10 cars in front of him !!!

here you go.... 390 hp crate engine powered duster ! Dusted ya ! can you call it a sleeper !!! ahahhaha

Patience, setup ,and brains,beat money spent stupidly any time. Thanks,Valerian!

as you can see my duster is very plain jane ...and my exhaust is very low..he got fooled ! but still you can still ear my cam loop !

What cam is that? sounds good to me. If i was some civic driver i would have thought twice after hearing that.

I go to a automotive school and deal with this on a regular basis. Sure some guys have turbo honda's that could out run my 340 but they always have a ridiculous amount of money in them. I mention this and they always respond with " yea but you get terrible fuel mileage" i just laugh.

I had a guy @ work w a subaru WRX try to give my duster a run for her $. Clown talked smack calling the panther pink 71 a girls car. Little did he know the 450 HP roller 340, 3500, stall and 3:91s walked away from him like nothing. Now he is taking the **** @ work. WRX got smoked by a pink girls car. LOL!!!

Absolutely love the ricer kill stories...makes me grin every time! There's just something about fart can exhaust and cheap lowering springs that makes those guys feel invincible!

I had a guy @ work w a subaru WRX try to give my duster a run for her $. Clown talked smack calling the panther pink 71 a girls car. Little did he know the 450 HP roller 340, 3500, stall and 3:91s walked away from him like nothing. Now he is taking the **** @ work. WRX got smoked by a pink girls car. LOL!!!

Hell yeah

richard_petty_1969_02_01.jpg

Some of those guys really talk up imports but to make them seriously fast, you gotta spend stupid $$ on them.

Awesome kill story...I murdered quite a few of them as well.

I like the black stripe on the OPs yellow Cuda. Pretty cool style.

Ahaha that's pretty funny! I had a different experience, WRX ate me for lunch!!! AWD with 375hp (at the wheels) just hooked up and away it went, the WRX's and the STI's are the "ultimate rice rockets" in my book so i'm careful about them around here lol It's nice though just to see somebody who appreciate the hobby and just having fun, whether they win or lose!

you forget he is a 4 not an 8... its get hard to play without pay, ask any slant guy...

Yes..it's true. My old /6 Duster ate an Eclipse. The look on that guys face when I went by him at 5k was priceless. Guess he never heard a 6x1 header at full song :D

If he spent 6k on a b20 vtec and it only tuns 13.5's he failed being a guy that bleeds mopar but has a secret fetish for hondas I can take a almost all stock honda engine and run 13.5's if I wanted to do some swapping.

It's always fun when the potty mouth gets theirs.

I will say, though, that it doesn't matter what the car is, it's all in knowledge.

I don't need to spend a lot of money to get my 240Z "rice burner" to beat the snot out of most muscle cars. 300 N/A HP out of a stroked L28 in a 2000lb car would take an A body about 500HP to keep up. And if it was through a road with corners, you can forget it. MKIII Supras are also on the cheap and do not need any internal mods to push 600hp. Watch out for some of those. Saw a guy on Pinks beat the crap out of a 2nd gen Nova with one of them and used a beer can to shim a wastegate to do it.

I especially like people who sneer at 318s as the "grocery getter" engine or expect that any old American car needs a big block to keep up with "modern" power. I love the simple approach of your Duster and I love the underdog in any race.

It's always fun when the potty mouth gets theirs.

I will say, though, that it doesn't matter what the car is, it's all in knowledge.

I don't need to spend a lot of money to get my 240Z "rice burner" to beat the snot out of most muscle cars. 300 N/A HP out of a stroked L28 in a 2000lb car would take an A body about 500HP to keep up. And if it was through a road with corners, you can forget it. MKIII Supras are also on the cheap and do not need any internal mods to push 600hp. Watch out for some of those. Saw a guy on Pinks beat the crap out of a 2nd gen Nova with one of them and used a beer can to shim a wastegate to do it.

I especially like people who sneer at 318s as the "grocery getter" engine or expect that any old American car needs a big block to keep up with "modern" power. I love the simple approach of your Duster and I love the underdog in any race.

oh the Z... i have wanted to build a L28 bottom end with an F54 head, with boost of course...

My number,L20b,240 z pistons,A 87 head,ported. 228/238 Crane "world cam",solid valve lash.. A Datsun party? Gotta crash it........(lol).

Z cars, Supras, WRX's, Dusters, Demons, Darts etc. Performance is performance, and I love em all. It's the posers (mostly driving ricers) that don't know anything about what's under the hood of their car that look like fools.

-
Back