Simpson racing belt certification

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hit the test and tune with the 69 dart last night and tech noticed my belts are out of date by a couple months. He did say they look brand new, but... Can they be recertified or do you have to buy new?

yes they can be. some places with the cost of shipping come out to being almost the same price as new.

it is a racket.
This.
I have a set that have never been installed. Unforseen delays in the build put me there , but my options are to send them back to be re webbed or sell them to a roundy round guy for 25.00. They don't expire when you drag them through mud and expose them to sunlight apparently. They can use them until they tear ( forever ):D

That's kind of what I figured. ill look into a new pair. turn around for recertification id bet takes forever.

IF your car does not require a roll bar, the 2 year belt certification requirement, does not apply. See the NHRA rule book. I carry a rule book with me at all times, as not all tech people are aware of this.

Yes, I need the belts and the bar... pretty consistent 11.0's! fastest has been 10.95.

According to the Simpson rep I talked to at the last race we attended they do not recert belts. If you send the SFI labels from your old belts they will give you a 10% discount. Other belt suppliers will recert their belts, but I don't know what the cost is.

Just buy new ones. It's cheaper in the long run.

-
Back