Simulated chrome on instrument cluster & etc.

-

62BT409

Reaction score
Is there not a company that can take your whatever....instrument cluster, dash parts, heater controls and etc and redo the look alike chrome. I thought I ran across a company a few years back, but can not think of who it was.

a chrome paint pen works ok and cheaper.....but it isnt true chrome....look up you local guys in yah area if u have some...?

Some of the chrome paint I have seen, leaves a lot to be desired. So I thought I would post and someone in or near my area could chime in
Thanks

This is the company that I used a few times. They rechromed the cluster for my Dart, Coronet and a couple other trim parts I had. Mr G's, they are from Texas. They did great work on my stuff. www.mrgusa.com

These folks did mine:

http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

newdash07_Small_.jpg

I have used CVVacuumplaters for my early A bodies and have been very satified with the service and results.

Another satisfied Mr. G's customer here. Someone else gave you the web site. They are located in Ft. Worth, TX. They're pretty easy to deal with.

If you have a good core, they can do a quick turn by swapping yours with one they have on the shelf. If you want YOUR parts returned all fixed up, it'll take a few weeks longer.

vae is a member on this site does as nice or better then any of the others,,and is way cheaper

there was an artice a year ago or so in one of the mopar magazines,,where they redid a dash bezel at home,taping off each section and spraying what ever color they neeeded, they did use spray chrome,,i think they used dupli color products,, and the spray chrome did look nice,, i am going to try it my self on a extra dash bezel i have

ALSA FINISHES have a sprayable chrome! Very nice results. Crazy thing is you have to spray it over shiney (buffed works best) clear or black. The smoother the finish the better it looks. I painted a friends Harley and shot long stringy chrome flames with yellow and orange candy on it with the premixed @ $72 for 4 ounces. It doesn't take alot. They also sell it in rattle can called Killer Cans. Hell just google alsa finishes and watch thier videos. They say 95% reflectivity of true chrome. I am doing some fiberglass bumpers for a friends 69 Superbee. I will post some pics when i am done. I am using the Killer Chrome can kit. It really does look sweet when done right!!!

ALSA FINISHES have a sprayable chrome! Very nice results. Crazy thing is you have to spray it over shiney (buffed works best) clear or black. The smoother the finish the better it looks. I painted a friends Harley and shot long stringy chrome flames with yellow and orange candy on it with the premixed @ $72 for 4 ounces. It doesn't take alot. They also sell it in rattle can called Killer Cans. Hell just google alsa finishes and watch thier videos. They say 95% reflectivity of true chrome. I am doing some fiberglass bumpers for a friends 69 Superbee. I will post some pics when i am done. I am using the Killer Chrome can kit. It really does look sweet when done right!!!

Yes please show some pics when your done I'm thinking of using fiberglass bumpers on my Dart.

there is a really good chrome place in Pa (not cheap) but good

PAULS CHROME

-
Back