Single exhaust on Formula S

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I know I've ask a lot of questions lately, But where would be the best place to purchase the exhaust coming off the manifold that goes into one. I would love to purchase the Hypo system, but believe I could have something similar made for less money. I would buy the resonator and the pipe from the manifold and have the rest made local. Good idea, or bad idea.
Thanks

The head pipe was build so both pipes flowed into the intermediate pipe together. A regular non-hipo head pipe, one ran into the other then pinched into the int pipe. The hipo exhaust was very specifically built for flow. Not sure it would save you money having an exhaust guy do you the same pipe...

where to get...

http://www.accurateltd.com/

You are correct, I just checked. I didn't realize the individual parts were so much. Thanks for your help. Guess I'll leave the duals on for now

mine still has the factory exhaust system on it from from to back. Resonator is starting to get tired though some small holes poking thought the back of it. But for 47 years I couldn't ask for much else of it.

I would be happy with what I have except for the valance is cut out on the drivers side and it just doesn't look right to me with the pipes hanging down. The reason I had ask about having these made, was looking back I saw some post where some guys said they had them made for less money. With all I've done so far, and spent, I was just seeing if I could maybe save a dime. 2 in college and all, don't have as much to spare as I would like.

I have ordered the complete exhaust (and Y pipe) for the HIPO 273 from Waldons Exhaust
They do very nice work and very nice to work with. I would order again.

Awesome info. Thanks. I'll check it out

I believe I am going to go ahead and pick up the exhaust from Walden's. What type muffler would you guy's recommend I use. Formula S is totally stock. Also I saw an an old site someone made a reproduction resonator for a little less than some of the oter places.
Thanks

-
Back