Single wire neutral safety switch

-

me66dartgt

Reaction score
I've searched this forum trying to figure out where I can purchase a single wire safety switch for a 66 Dodge Dart with a 904 Auto transmission but didn't come up with a definitive answer. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? I also noticed some referred to the three wire safety switch and only using the center connection but I was unsure about the rooster comb and which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you are not worried about "restoration correctness" you can use the later 3 terminal switch, and just use the center terminal. Note that you can NOT use the outer ones for backup lamps, because the "rooster comb" in the trans is not set up to operate as the newer ones.

Thanks for the quick replies. That's what makes this site so great. I talked to the owner and he is checking for sure but he thinks he has one. I didn't realize that the three wire one would work so I now have another option. I'm not sweating exactness as much as wanting to eliminate the leaking. Have a nice day.

I wanted to follow up my previous message and thank everyone again for the info I needed. I just received the switch from T'Flite Patty's Shop Mart thru his ebay store and it is exactly as advertised. I ordered on Monday and rcvd it today. This site is the best.

Have a great day!!!

I wanted to follow up my previous message and thank everyone again for the info I needed. I just received the switch from T'Flite Patty's Shop Mart thru his ebay store and it is exactly as advertised. I ordered on Monday and rcvd it today. This site is the best.

Have a great day!!!

Right On!:cheers:

-
Back