Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparcrazy.com

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
SINISTER 1968 Dodge Dart 496 CUBES $14750
There are some cars that are easy to underestimate, and this 1968 Dodge Dart is definitely one of them. Mopar’s compact cars were far more famous for being grocery-getter basic, but that isn’t to say that the company didn’t slip a few screamers out the door back in the day. However, if one dares to put a monster V8 in a lightweight car like this the performance is going to be impressive. So forget what you think you know about garden-variety Darts and have a look at this 1968 Dodge Dart Vette Killer.

Starting with a lightweight compact Dart body, then you stuff in a Mopar Big-Block Stroker Motor making 500+ real horsepower under the hood, and give it all the equipment it will need to launch straight and safe down the drag strip for 11 second runs. The result is an incredibly fast car without a lot of over-stressed components that will leave you worrying about breakage every time you mash the throttle.

A few years ago I purchased this Dart in Southern California and had it shipped back to Indiana. An AAR bolt on 6 pack hood was added to augment the Dart’s appearance, and it was finished in flat black. The paint is more driver quality and consistent with an original style factory paint. A careful look down both sides of the vehicle reviles no evidence of panel replacement or repair. The disc brakes are new and stop this beast in an instant and the Caltrack setup makes it hook hard. The underside is immaculate and clean as a whistle.
At the same time, the chrome and stainless is nice and everything is in good condition throughout. The original grille is in great condition and the car seals up nicely.
The big news with this car, however, is the big block V8 under that steel hood. The engines specs are 10.7:1 +.060 383 with 496 kit from 440source. 4.25" stroker crank with 6.535" H- beams and domed forged pistons It's got about 2500 miles on it and runs great. It's got ported and polished Edelbrock heads, Cam is a comp solid 268 with smith pushrods & Hughes roller rockers, 7 quart pan and high pressure spring in stock pump, Edelbrock perf rpm manifold and Race Demon 825 carb, with 1/2" line all the way back to the tank with 1/2" sender and Edelbrock BLACK electric pump, mini starter, digital 6 ignition+coil, line lock, and pill style shift light.
Exhaust is NEW TTI ceramic coated headers into dual 2.5" exhaust with Dynomax turbo mufflers. Just take a look at the pics…..the engine compartment is impressive to say the least!

The transmission is a rebuilt 727 with a turbo action manual valve body and low band apply to protect the sprag. It's got a TCI 3500 stall 10" converter in it to get off the line hard along with 3.91 gears.
The interior is super clean with an original dash with some aftermarket goodies, NEW Legendary seats and carpet.

Clearly, a lot of money has been spent on this car. I have no time to enjoy this vehicle and must make some room in my garage. This car will make someone a good weekend street warrior, race car or cruiser. All the hard work is done and it’s ready to drive.

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,045
  • DSCF0685.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,932
  • DSCF0683.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,918
I've been out of the muscle car scene for a while and looking at Mopars as my possible return ticket. Is this solely a track car or can this cruise the streets with the 3500 stall?

I can take calls from serious buyers. I can send pics after we talk. The car has NO rust or rust repair. I'm just trying to weed out picture collectors and tire kickers as my schedule is really busy right now.

If its still for sale would you be interested in a trade? For 72 scamp with a torque flight b&m kit with a worked 440 cam headers power steering 4 wheel disc brakes straight body, lime green, 389 posi ford rear b&m shifter, great interior paid 21k for it a few months ago but fell in love with your dart. Let me know thanks jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back