Sinkhole opens up at National Corvette Museum, swallows cars

-
Read that ,this morning. A shame to me,anything classic vehicle wise,is history lost.

Just saw this on the news. Wow. They will pull them out and sell them at Barrett Jackson for twice their value. lol

wrap your *** in fiberglass bye
hurry fill in the hole

That reminds me of a story from the old days. About a really hot chick driving a corvette that said, "You beat me, you eat me." on the back. :prayer:

Someone beat her in a race, and she kept going... :banghead:

That reminds me of a story from the old days. About a really hot chick driving a corvette that said, "You beat me, you eat me." on the back. :prayer:

lol

Just don't understand the hate. I've owned two Vette's, and I don't care if GM built them, they were damn nice cars, and a lot of fun to drive. Sad to see any of the old classics go to waste.

Some people here are wound a little tight. :)

Sarcasm is sometimes tough to grasp.

Link to security camera footage of the first car.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IukDWhf7U9I"]Sinkhole Security Camera Footage - YouTube[/ame]

..it looks like they can pull them back out..but it this was going to happen to any car, I cannot complain about the choice..

Funny that same story circled around in my town many years ago (70's maybe?) and touted as a local babe, blonde hair and driving a red vette, the way I heard it was she knew how to drive it and never lost.

It's sad to see any car lost. But on the lighter side looks like GM is going under.

Here you go Karl...............:-D

Attachments

• eatme.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 212
that looks like sondra locke in the eat me vette.

Funny that same story circled around in my town many years ago (70's maybe?) and touted as a local babe, blonde hair and driving a red vette, the way I heard it was she knew how to drive it and never lost.

Ours was rumored to be a blonde also.... That's her!!!!

You all couldn't beat her huh? Well someone here did. I guess we have faster cars here than you do.... LOL!

It was really probably just a rumor the whole time, and everyone put their spin on it.

:burnout: or sex? ^^^ You're not losing,that's a given... LMAO,Keith.....

Just don't understand the hate. I've owned two Vette's, and I don't care if GM built them, they were damn nice cars, and a lot of fun to drive. Sad to see any of the old classics go to waste.

How long have you been a Mopar fan?

I have been for a long time. I used to get teased in high school for being a Mopar fan by all of the other Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, and Ford fans. There were only about 6 Mopar fans at our school. We had to be tough and hold our own against them.

Mopars weren't accepted as much back then as it is now.

Maybe that's where some of the hate comes from.

Watched a video on You Tube of them flying a r/c helicopter with a camera over and into the hole. Amazing. It looks like only 3-4 of the cars are salvageable. The rest are buried or crushed by the concrete. Also looks like is not finished, as there are deeper holes just under the base of the red pillar that sticks up to the roof. Also, just outside of the building is a water retention pond.

I have been for a long time. I used to get teased in high school for being a Mopar fan by all of the other Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, and Ford fans. There were only about 6 Mopar fans at our school. We had to be tough and hold our own against them.

Oh my my you were teased as a teenager cause you were a MOPAR fan so now it's ok to hate on other brands. I feel bad for you.:wack:

My first new car, was a '72 Duster. My next car, was a Sattelite Sebring Plus. Since then, I have owned several more, and now have three. Guess I got lucky, as where I grew up, we had the big 3 dealerships, and we all got along. Sure, there was teasing going on, but it went all ways, and was just in fun. No hate going on there.

-
Back