SISSY STEP ?

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If Ford came out with the "Little Man Step" According to Howie

Then would this be A sissy step ?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2d159f6d707737321a5ac3&rid=giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'd rather have one that just opened or closed, probably would drop the price on the vehicle by 500 bucks.
Who cares, that are all leased nowadays. Whats another $5-600 over a 7 year lease, a few bucks? Yeah, a 7 year lease....thats the only way most can afford them . Someone build an uber cheap truck again like the 60's models. 3 guages, a metal dash, bench seat and a 4 speed. No that aint gonna happen: too dangerous.
bpate3.jpg

Heard from a friend of mine that priced out a new GMC , that fancy tailgate was $6000.00 extra.

I was only a zero off......but I sure like the power rear hatch on my old Town and Country, my Grand Caravan didnt come with one. Wonder If I can 'get one' off a same year wrecked T&C?

Talk about solving problems that don't exist....

We jumped off 6-By's (new 'Deuce and a halfs') that were >5 feet tall over the side with full gear. Sissy step, LMFAO!

a-us-marine-corps-usmc-m923-6x6-5-ton-cargo-truck-heads-a-convoy-departing-HF47DC.jpg

Worse thing is you can't use the step if you have a hitch in your reciver it won't clear the hitch!! Talk about a brain fart moment, there goes the paint job.!!!

Trying to reinvent the wheel. I'll pass.

Trucks were blue collar , working man..now around here...they're a fashion statement.

On one hand let's support our American auto makers... on the other stop buying these over priced bling wagons.

A non commercial truck shouldn't cost you 30+k

Just for fun, every couple of years I do a build and price for a basic white work truck.

Then try to find it. The closest model to my build is always at least $20k more...........

We jumped off 6-By's (new 'Deuce and a halfs') that were >5 feet tall over the side with full gear. Sissy step, LMFAO!

View attachment 1715364190

LOL, past tense , do u do it now ?

A Pawnee friend of mine used to say , he got up , drank a cup of hot chocolate , ate a handful of rusty nails , and ran to Chickasha and back every morning !

LOL, past tense , do u do it now ?

A Pawnee friend of mine used to say , he got up , drank a cup of hot chocolate , ate a handful of rusty nails , and ran to Chickasha and back every morning !
F no, Id blow out both knees in a heartbeat! That's why they run you out after 20...or in my case 8. Where else can you retire at 37?

My F150 came with the fold out step. I call it the "old man" step. Works good. I can still get in and out of the bed without it, but it is nice when there is a lot of trips in and out. I think it was about $400 but was already on the truck which I bought at model year end so you get what you get. But I did save $12k off list price by buying at the end of the year. I don't think that Chevy one would last in Wisconsin salt, too many areas to trap water.

I'm not really knocking the step. It's just funny how one manufacturer makes fun of the other, then has to out do em the next year.

I'm not really knocking the step. It's just funny how one manufacturer makes fun of the other, then has to out do em the next year.

Agreed. I think GM came out with some sort of composite bed to counter Ford's use of aluminum. They disparaged the aluminum bed because it might be damaged if you were an idiot and drop cinder blocks from eight feet overhead...

In all my years working at GM dealerships they have always been approx 4 years behind Chrysler and Ford. Example P/T Cruiser and the HHR. HHR was and still is a fugly vehicle. And lets not forget the idiotic SSR and the amazing Pontiac Aztec (voted the ugliest vehicle ever built)

Agreed. I think GM came out with some sort of composite bed to counter Ford's use of aluminum. They disparaged the aluminum bed because it might be damaged if you were an idiot and drop cinder blocks from eight feet overhead...
Lets see what happens to Ford trucks once the salt gets at them. Aluminum, salt, corrosion and spiked computer. Should be fun. Same as these self driving cars. Someone's brainstorm. What happens when the snow covers the sensors and rust starts eating the ground straps and causing spikes. Should be something like a Walmart parking lot. And we pay these idiots big bucks to design them DUH!!!!

-
Back