siwtching to Eddy heads on a 360

-

Valiant Showoff

Reaction score
Has anyone had any unforeseen problems or modifications needed when switching to Eddy heads on a 360? I'm getting ready to put Eddy heads on my engine and wanted to see if there is anything to look out for.

My current set-up is as follows:
360 bored .030 over
stock crank and rods
KB Hypereutectic pistons
10.3 compression
iron J-heads
284/.528" Mopar solid (but changing to a 296/.557" Mopar solid this winter)
Edlebrock Victor open plenum intake
750 Holley double pumper
Spitfire headers (but updating to Dougs D-450 or new TTI full tube headers)

Taking a quick peak, I'd say you are going to be raising the compression a bit. Assuming your J heads are 72ccs, the larger Edelbrock is 65cc. So you'll gain a little. Not sure what gasket you use, but if you have the thin MPs now, you'll be using the thicker Felpro, so you'll loose a little there. Otherwise, no big change. You will (more than likely) need better springs than what the Edelbrocks come with. Dont use lift as the spec..you need to get the right pressures. One thing that screams at me tho..You're not anywhere near where I'd think you should be right now. I would invest in a better intake for you usage, and some better headers if they make them..I know that chassis is a pain. You may want to try the M1 single plane, or my "best choice" would be the Edelbrock RPM Air gap. Your intake is killing the torque, and the headers are killing the top end IMO.

Moper: I didn't do the best job in typing my list of parts. My current intake is a dual plane Weiand, but I'm switching to the Victor once I get the Eddy heads and real headers on it.

Thanks for the info on the Eddy springs. I was planning on using the same springs I'm running with the .528 since the Mopar specs those springs for both the 528 and 557 cams.

You will be better off working the iron heads and making them perform better and be ahead by allot of money.Only if you plan on installing a really big cam will these heads work to 100% effectiveness,mrmoaprtech

-
Back