six vs ricer

-
add some type of power adder.. i.e: turbo, nitrous, drop a 318 in it............... something!

Ask him in a nice tone of voice if he'll give you a head start. That might help.

If that doesn't work, make sure you start your race with three honks, and make sure you're the one that does the honking. Leave on the first honk and hope like hell he doesn't catch you.

this saturn is it has a fart can and cab lights and its a older saturn not sure on model

take everything out of the trunk,anything that adds weight to the car git rid of it, tune the car to the best of your abilities, smaller diameter rear tire to upp the gear ratio, practice launching the car to get the best start, practice manual shifting it it, and do NOT race on the street....go to a track.. this isn't worth losing your license over or endangering other peoples live's and a good tailwind wouldnt be a bad thing and tying an anchor to the saturn wouldn't be considered cheating......Ok so maybe it would loL

I own a saturn. And a slant six duster. And, trust me, the best way to beat a Saturn in a drag race is to accelerate at a fairly rapid rate. The Saturn may be lighter, and it may have (*gasp*) 100 hp, but it has no torque. Trust me. You have nothing to worry about. Good luck!

well if u anint got 805moparkids / 6 in that thing just say home lol as waggin said do it at the track i used to street race its not a good thing its fun at the time but in the long run ya they can take ur car fines and so on and if its ur only ride i would not do it when i was 16 my dad told me some thing that i still remember the car never forgets mine didnt blew the cam out junked the diff, ripped the cross member out, of it 6 pare of motor mounts, 20 back tires 6 years later i drive slower any way good luck ps i had a v8 69 coronet

Assuming your not dealing with a turbocharged Saturn (like my friend Darrel) I'd say remove as much weight as you can (possibly by putting it in his trunk), and put a good muffler on it.
Also see if you can con him into filling his car full of spectators.
If your dealing with a turbocharged SC2 id recommend nitrous :)

Unless you have plenty of time to mess with the slant, you will lose unless your friend just has no idea how to race.

Unless you have plenty of time to mess with the slant, you will lose unless your friend just has no idea how to race.

tell him to start in second lol then maybe you can win...

never told us a yr and model...

well if u anint got 805moparkids / 6 in that thing just say home lol as waggin said do it at the track i used to street race its not a good thing its fun at the time but in the long run ya they can take ur car fines and so on and if its ur only ride i would not do it when i was 16 my dad told me some thing that i still remember the car never forgets mine didnt blew the cam out junked the diff, ripped the cross member out, of it 6 pare of motor mounts, 20 back tires 6 years later i drive slower any way good luck ps i had a v8 69 coronet

lol thanks doc

A Saturn is not a "ricer"

Correct. The SL and SC series were built in Tennessee, some of the later models were based on Opel platforms.

We've owned 4 Saturns over the years. Still have 2 of them. A 98 SC2 that we keep around for a spare (Gets used about once a week for one reason or another), and a 2006 Ion 3. My wife's daily drivers.

They make excellent commuter cars, get great gas mileage, and have a very low cost per mile.

And feather duster is right. Saturns are low torque Economy oriented cars. They have about 2/3 the slant six HP, and far less weight, but no low end to speak of. Unless your friend has done something to boost the low end torque, a quarter mile run will go to the slant. :thumbup:

btw... My son built a SC1 that put out a real world 300 hp, from the original engine block. The potential is there, but it's expensive. I suppose it's possible your buddy's Saturn has some balls, it's just not probable.

-
Back