(Slams pedal) skrrrrrrrrrrrppp....

-

MoparMower

Reaction score
Howdy howdy howdy my fellow "Moparians", just a quick brake question...
Iv got a 72 Duster 440/727 currently not running, BUT hopefully soon to be. And when it is (or possibly before) i want to get rid of the tired ole drum brakes thats on er'. Now i aint exactly made of money if ya know what im sayn so what i would like to know is what would be the best BANG for my buck when it comes to disk brake conversion kits!? ... Any advice would be highly appreciated! :stop:=D>

Find a 73+ disc brake car wrecked or in a salvage yard. I went that road and converted to disc and LBP with a) new moog parts for just under $1100 including reconditioned rally wheels and new tires.

check out Scarebird. I converted mine to disc for under $300 with all new parts (or reman) and I have been happy as a pig in sh*t for the last 4-5 years.

Hopefully will be changing mine out by the end of the month going to Wilwood all round (was going to just do the fronts but wife insisted kit all round so who could argue with that )
If you're interested I'll have front rotors, calipers and hubs, from my 73 at a pretty decent $$ won't be taking anything extra back to NZ I don't have to.

check out Scarebird. I converted mine to disc for under $300 with all new parts (or reman) and I have been happy as a pig in sh*t for the last 4-5 years.

Yes Scarebird works well!!:cheers:

Sawwweeeettt, i plan on making a meam green sleeper out of her by the time im done so ima need some good hard stop if i need it! Just looked at the scarebird website, not putting them down.. im sire they work great.. and maybe its just me but they kind of looked flimsy as far as brakes go?.. maybe its just because iv always been a pickup man before i got this Duster.. haha:glasses7:

there is nothing flimsy about them except the price. and I can use the $800 difference for other things

Hopefully will be changing mine out by the end of the month going to Wilwood all round (was going to just do the fronts but wife insisted kit all round so who could argue with that )

You'll be happy you did. I'm running WW discs on all 4 corners on my current car. I'm using their master as well. It didn't require an adjustable proportioning valve.

Attachments

• 16378_10204960777488574_6317630999826702274_n.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 10247442_10204960777208567_5789213035223384309_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 145
You'll be happy you did. I'm running WW discs on all 4 corners on my current car. I'm using their master as well. It didn't require an adjustable proportioning valve.

Looks good did you use just standand rotors on the rear or are they just slotted hard to tell pic is a little blurred that close in

For my 440 Barracuda I used a 73+ disc brake setup up front and scarebird disc brake conversion kit for the rear brakes. More than 8 years running with no issues. Stops great every time!

I just installed the Scarebird kit up front and rebuilt the rear drums.
Its like night and day difference!
You wont be disappointed with Scarebird and excellent customer service.

Looks good did you use just standand rotors on the rear or are they just slotted hard to tell pic is a little blurred that close in

They are not slotted. I bought the front from RMS. The rears came from Strange. They didn't give me the option to buy slotted or drilled rears.

-
Back