Slant 6 Engine Code

-

Mtreblig

Mike & Owen
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I have a 225 Slant 6. The code stamped into the engine casting is R291308. Located on engine block, passenger side.

IMG_1166.jpg

Don't have any answers to your questions but..........what's the "treblig" about in your FABO handle/name??? I've been using "treblig" for 55 years???

This what you found is just the final digits of the VIN of the vehicle this engine was originally installed in. Find the stamping at the other (front) end of the engine in a similar location; that will tell particulars of the engine itself. Also find the casting numbers on the manifold side of the block.

This what you found is just the final digits of the VIN of the vehicle this engine was originally installed in. Find the stamping at the other (front) end of the engine in a similar location; that will tell particulars of the engine itself. Also find the casting numbers on the manifold side of the block.
Thanks!

Don't have any answers to your questions but..........what's the "treblig" about in your FABO handle/name??? I've been using "treblig" for 55 years???
Funny, Mike Gilbert is my name, I've been doing that for a long time also, maybe 20 years.

Funny, Mike Gilbert is my name, I've been doing that for a long time also, maybe 20 years.
You're the first person I've found that does that. My first name is Gilbert...same principle. I had two close friends that I grew up with, we called each other, Treblig, Mas and Racso. Nobody knew what the hell we were talking about.

On the pad behind the coil you will find some numbers.It is right under the head on the deck .A 65 will start off with the letter A , a 66 will start off with B . A 6 cyl older than 67 or 68 will also only have 3 freezout plugs under the manifold where the later ones have 5 .

225 numbers pad photo.jpeg

-
Back