slant 6 engines

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, here lately I have been getting into a lot of slant 6 engines. I have picked up 3 1966 Valiants all with / 6 "s in them, I have a 69 with a /6 and I have a 76 with a /6. Is there a book or a manual that you would recommend that tells all about this engine. Specs, numbers and all that stuff. I have seen a couple but want the best one. I need to read up.thanks in advance.

I can recommend what NOT to waste your money on, Haynes, they are pretty lame. Mopar Performance/Direct Connection or a factory manual is usually the best bet.

Ok, here lately I have been getting into a lot of slant 6 engines. I have picked up 3 1966 Valiants all with / 6 "s in them, I have a 69 with a /6 and I have a 76 with a /6. Is there a book or a manual that you would recommend that tells all about this engine. Specs, numbers and all that stuff. I have seen a couple but want the best one. I need to read up.thanks in advance.
Be aware these engines listed do have some differences, that do not allow complete parts interchangeability. Plus they may not all be the same displacement.

The Mopar Performance slant 6 manual is pretty decent if you can find one.

The Mopar Performance Slant-6 manual was full of wrong info and poor recommendations back when it was new, decades ago, and aimed primarily at selling Mopar Performance items—many of which were no different to stock parts. The book has aged downward from there.

Get Doug Dutra's book instead.

The Mopar Performance Slant-6 manual was full of wrong info and poor recommendations back when it was new, decades ago, and aimed primarily at selling Mopar Performance items—many of which were no different to stock parts. The book has aged downward from there.

Get Doug Dutra's book instead.
I like Doug's book. I have a copy. It's full of information that most everybody already knows, but it's really nice to have it all in one book. I scan through it often.

-
Back