Slant 6 Exhaust Manifold Washers

-
Hardware store. The one closest to the engine is supposed to be a stud, not a bolt. It's also one size larger than the two outboard bolts. The two outboard bolts are 5/16 and the stud is 3/8.
this doesn’t say what thread , someone said above 5/16 18 thread at at least 3” long . My measurement they need to be at least 4” long . What thread is the 3/8 ?

Mine doesn’t have a stud , 3 bolts , one appeares to be 3/8 and back two appear 5/16 . But unclear on what thread they are

Coarse thread into the block. Most automotive studs are coarse into cast iron and fine thread on the nut end.

There is no nut . It’s 3 Full bolts/ cap screws . CoRse thread doesn’t mean much I need a actual measurement .

Here's you a great resource for bolt sizes and thread pitches. You should bookmark it.
Fastener Size Tables | MechaniCalc
My new intake manifolds front hole is smaller than my original . So a 3/8 bolt will not go thru it , but thr original does . I’m welding up a stud that has the 3/8 threads but rest of it 5/16 . But that’s not what’s on there originally

If you don't mind giving us the casting numbers on both the intake and exhaust manifolds, we can answer your questions. Just trying to help.

-
Back