slant 6 exhaust sound

-

340 8BBL

Reaction score
im off to the muffler shop tomorrow to get new exhaust on my wifes valiant.i fabricated a split manifold with dual 1.75 outlets .the headpipes will run about to the tail shaft of the tranny and then Y into a single pipe all the way to the back.there will also be a commando style resonator added built form a polished 304 ss steel pack and an exhaust tip grafted together.......however im torn on the what to use for the primary muffler.i have a 40 series flowmaster on the shelf as well as an imco turbo muffler.any suggestions or sound clips if you have them would help.thanks.

I like the Magnaflow round stainless straight through mufflers. The Flowmasters are too loud for my taste. But that's me, you might like them, plus you mention you're running a resonator. To me, there's always a little power advantage with a straight through muffler. Also, the stainless mufflers from Magnaflow are ALL stainless. Even the stuffin in um.

thanks for the input rob.if i had the magnaflow on the shelf id very much consider using it.however i had the parts to construct the resonator on the shelf,and id like to use one of the mufflers i got already.

I run an original 40 sereies Flowmaster,through a set of Clifford headers on my /6.
Sounds like a pissed off pack of bumble bees coming at you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTrcjWtk0w0&feature=fvw"]YouTube - 1973 Plymouth Duster Slant 6 Flowmaster 40 Series Dual[/ame]

enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrpoPXC05Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Slant 6 Barracuda "Performance Test"[/ame]

also sounds nice using super 40

i gave you a few videos of what you can expect from a 40
yes you did, thanks,but the sound in both is not the greatest.the first video is of a dual system,and the second ...its hard to tell.but id guess its got duals as well as an upgraded cam.

What did you decide on and do you have any pictures of your mainifold and exhaust system? I have a dart with a /six and would like to the same.
Kevin

-
Back