Slant 6 HEI Distributor

-

ARuiz28

Reaction score
I'miss thinking about adding HEI to the slant and stumbled upon this interesting distributor. Has anyone used this distributor to add HEI to their slant?
Dodge Slant 6 Tri-Power Distributor - Performance Distributors

70620.jpg

you just need a factory electronic distributor and a 4-pin HEI module. It doesn't get much easier. I used one of their distributors for an AMC 304 and they are nice, but there are much cheaper options..
Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - HEI Electronic Ignition Retrofit How-To

That's right.
If you already have an electronic distributor it costs about 100 bucks or less to make it true HEI. (module, coil, terminals and wire)
If you don't already have electronic add about 70 bucks for one of those distributors and your set.

Do it the way it's written up in the Slant Six forum link. Genuine Chrysler distributor instead of the Chinese and/or "remanufactured" overpriced junk with the silly "Tri Power" brand.

I got a new Mopar slant e-distributor for $40 on ebay. I took the 8-pin HEI module & coil from an 80's GM truck at the junkyard cheap. The 8-pin is simpler and better, and what TrailBeast sells in his kit. Much info if you search.

-
Back