Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Curran

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi there,

I'm looking for the special locking nuts that go on the slant 6 manifold. They fit into a slightly tapered brass bushing and look almost like a castle nut (highlighted red) See photo below:
1388571-5fde14d58a58e11477437eacc0214d0f.jpg

From the photo it looks like there are two versions of the brass bushing that the nut threads onto, the ones I have have the small lead in I'm assuming this is the right nut for them. The other style of special locking nut to the left in the photo would probably work as well.
Thank you for your time.

Slant 6 nuts.jpg

I have a /6 in a parts car. Let me go look tomorrow and see if I can hook you up! What's the size?

Thank you! The nuts should be 5/16-24 There should be two of them. They are on at the top portion of the manifold on either end of it. See green circles in photo below

1388694-455da87978f6bb1bdad27f748b5cdf86.jpg

Slant nut location.jpg

Last edited:
I have a new set of washers and nuts. Mine are the later version (thick triangle washers), but, fit the early cars just fine. Just a very slight appearance difference that most people wouldn't even notice once they're installed.

Hi there,

I'm looking for the special locking nuts that go on the slant 6 manifold. They fit into a slightly tapered brass bushing and look almost like a castle nut (highlighted red) See photo below:
View attachment 1715660209
From the photo it looks like there are two versions of the brass bushing that the nut threads onto, the ones I have have the small lead in I'm assuming this is the right nut for them. The other style of special locking nut to the left in the photo would probably work as well.
Thank you for your time.

View attachment 1715660208
It's actually the other way around. The one on the left is the early one and the one on the right is the later version. As I mentioned, you can't really see any difference once they're installed. The brass washers are slightly different too, but so slight as to be meaningless. If you're looking for 100 point show car parts, get the originals. If you don't care about that and want arguably better parts, use the later ones.

It's actually the other way around. The one on the left is the early one and the one on the right is the later version. As I mentioned, you can't really see any difference once they're installed. The brass washers are slightly different too, but so slight as to be meaningless. If you're looking for 100 point show car parts, get the originals. If you don't care about that and want arguably better parts, use the later ones.

Ah I see. I'm definitively not looking for show car parts. If Ian McCrimmon cannot find the just the nuts and washers I would gladly purchases one of the sets you have.

Sounds good. Happy new year!

Hi all, Ian graciously sent me both washers and 1 of the castle nuts. Still looking for one more castle nut and I will have everything I need. Let me know if any of you have one other nut. Thanks. See photo below for what Ian sent.

slant nuts ian.jpg

What brackets do you use for that driver's side alternator mount?
Didn't the 1960 Valiant have that setup? I remember seeing an early A100 that had one on that side too. Don't know if it was factory or not though. There was probably some industrial applications that needed the alt to be on that side too for clearance reasons.

Didn't the 1960 Valiant have that setup? I remember seeing an early A100 that had one on that side too. Don't know if it was factory or not though. There was probably some industrial applications that needed the alt to be on that side too for clearance reasons.

I am clueless. That's why I asked as I have no idea. I would like to find that setup, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back