slant 6 oil filter REMOVAL

-
Um, no. Y'see, there's a difference between information and propaganda. This what you've posted is propaganda.
I dont think so.

Hardly, the videos are educational and informative. There is no part of them where we are saying "we are the best" or "Buy our filters" They are simply educational videos attempting to show you what is important about filtration. If you watched with an open mind and willingness to learn you would agree.

Even a casual comparison by someone who knows nothing about oil filtration clearly shows Fram filters to be physically inferior to several other easily-available brands, so given the choice between "probably adequate" and "better than that" for about the same price, I'll take "better than that". The Wix people did a smart thing: they provided a counter display for jobbers, with a dissected Fram filter next to a dissected Wix filter. Perhaps you've seen this comparison yourself; it makes it very easy to see and compare the Fram's thin metal, flimsy antidrainback and overpressure relief valves, small and cheap filter element, and other design "features" to the much more reasonably built Wix. It's a very simple choice, made even simpler by direct evidence of Fram filters' functional inferiority (rod knock and slow oil light shutoff on startup with Fram filters in base-down applications; no knock and quick light shutoff with a better filter).
WIX has made an industry of pointing out "we have metal end caps" and "FRAM doesnt" WHY? Because they dont want to tell you that FRAM filters at 96 to 99% efficiency using ISO 4548-12 test standards. WIX is in the low 80% range on most filters. What does that mean? WIX lets in at least 10% more dirt into your engine, a simple fact.

Surely you can understand why this little video parade of yours fails: It's in the interest of the Fram people (apparently including you) to present a rosy picture or a slick video of the products they/you make, so they/you put out propaganda, also known as advertising. No sale (no matter how many times you post it); I'll continue to base my opinions, preferences, and recommendations on firsthand observation/comparison and on information from people who don't make or sell any brand of filters. show me even one of those "studies" that has actual oil filter testing please. Just some dude cutting open filters and making comments with no science or engineering involved

And there ain't nothin' you can do about it, slick video or no slick video.

No worries dude, surely you know better about filter construction and have more expertise than General Motors, Porsche, Nissan, Honda, Bentley, Subaru and Toyota, all of whom use either fiber, felt or no end caps at all. A closed mind is a terrible thing when you are considered an expert. Enjoy your day.:prayer:
redbeard.gif

slant six rules

the videos are educational and informative.

Sure, in the same way as a Chevrolet ad or a Marlboro ad or any other ad.

WIX has made an industry of pointing out "we have metal end caps"

Mm, no. I'm not sure what you think "made an industry" is supposed to mean, but in fact Wix has made a success of making better filters than Fram.

FRAM filters at 96 to 99% efficiency using ISO 4548-12 test standards

Sez you, the Fram guy. Maybe you're right and maybe you aren't.

WIX is in the low 80% range on most filters

Sez you, the Fram guy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get "educated" about Dodges by a Chevrolet salesman. :lol:

surely you know better about filter construction and have more expertise than General Motors, Porsche, Nissan, Honda, Bentley, Subaru and Toyota, all of whom use either fiber, felt or no end caps at all.

I'm gonna need you to wait 'til after the first date to put words in my mouth, please and thank you. But y'know, the funny thing here is that I haven't said a single word about end caps. You've mentioned end caps a bunch of times. I wonder why that is (no I don't).

another entertaining thread...
as I said earlier, Slant Six Dan's recommendations have worked well for me...He was able to give me the correct Chrysler part#, and when my local Chrysler dealer couldn't find the part or#, he gave me the link to order online...even when I disagree I value his opinion...

He's just having fun right now with the oil filter thing, but I gotta tell that the man knows what's up.
Some of the projects he is involved in with the government and auto manufacturers in lighting safety for vehicles he would have to kill you if he told you about them. :D

another entertaining thread...
as I said earlier, Slant Six Dan's recommendations have worked well for me...He was able to give me the correct Chrysler part#, and when my local Chrysler dealer couldn't find the part or#, he gave me the link to order online...even when I disagree I value his opinion...

-
Back