slant 6 to 360 electrical ??

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
I know quite a few guys have done this swap, so I need info on what electrical will work and what won't. I plan on using MOPARS orange box in my mopar. By the way the car is a 76 Dart Sport and the engine is a 79. So far I bought a coil and spark plug wires. What else do I need?

Just what I did in my Duster. ?6 to 318.

What is it exactly thats throwing you a curve here?

Everything on the '74 pluged in and worked. I had to lengthen the temp wire after some of the wire was dicovered to be damaged. I'm not exactly sure if the OE temp sender wire will reach. I think it was close though.
Other wires had to be shortened.

On ignition, you may want to check ballast ohm's. Thats all I can think of electricaly. The lean burn distributor is just a rotor inside the cap. I did a MP distrib.

Anything else?

Hummmmm, no, my swap was fairly easy. Near no brainer.

When I did the \6 to 360 swapped I didn't need to change any of the electrical components. Same starter, alternator, ecu module, regulator, etc.

The wire to the oil pressure sender was way to long so I shortened it. All the other wiring I just folded up the excess and tie wrapped it.

I just had to shorten a couple of the wires for the distributor and oil sender. Everything else was fine. I also re-used the starter, alternator, and voltage regulator. I purchased a distributor conversion kit so I installled the new ECU and ballast, but did not need to re-wire the harness, just used the existing wiring.

I am using a Eldebrock carb with an electric choke. The old wire that was going to the /6 "choke" was hot when the ignition is on, so I just re-used it to provide power for the electric choke.

You should not have any problems at all, but if you do just post it here and someone will help you out.

Have fun.

-
Back