Slant 6 to B/RB

-
If anyone has a 73 & Up A-body with a 383/400/440 in it, I'd really appreciate the measurements from the center of the bolt on the drivers side lowest front mount on the motor and the center of the bolt in the perch. I've created a templet for the upper half but need to know how far down from the lower bolt to mount the spool. My guess is in the 1.5" range but that just based on photos & knowing other measurements. I could use the same measurements on the passanger side plus the angle if that's not too much to ask. The drivers side doesn't appear to have an angle like the passanger side.

Does anyone have a 440 in an A-body and if so, is the center of the engine slightly offset to the left?

I'm making my own mounts & my engine block is almost touching the steering gear box when I try to center the engine left to right. I've trimmed up the drivers side perch as per directions so everything else is clearing.

Does anyone have a 440 in an A-body and if so, is the center of the engine slightly offset to the left?

I'm making my own mounts & my engine block is almost touching the steering gear box when I try to center the engine left to right. I've trimmed up the drivers side perch as per directions so everything else is clearing.
No 440 here, but all "normal" A-bodies have the engine off centered to the passenger side by nearly 2 inches

No 440 here, but all "normal" A-bodies have the engine off centered to the passenger side by nearly 2 inches
Thanks for info. I was wondering how I was going to get the engine closer to the driver's side with it was already almost touching the driver's side perch. I actually think I need to kick the engine a bit more to the passenger side so my motor mount doesn't touch the steering gear box. My mounts are out of 1/4" steel so a bit bulky and might need to be ground down or a notch cut out at the steering box

Anyone with a 440 in an A-body able to run electric fan. I have 4.5" from the front of the radiator mount to the bolts on the front of the water pump. Most radiators are at least 3" thick so that leaves 1-1/4" for the shroud and fan but most appear to be several inches thick.

Here are the mounts I made and everything seems to be lined up. I've never welded before this project & used the cheapest Harbor Freight welder they make so take it easy on my welding skills or lack there of. I even made the spools and urethane bushings myself.
Motor Mounts.jpg

The following is an email from the Schumacher with the owners last name removed, not sure he wants everyone knowing his full name.
My name is Chris ____, new owner of Schumacher Creative Services. That kit, A73B6, is slated for production around the first of the year. I can put you on the list and let you know when they’re ready.

Thank you
-Chris
Schumacher Creative Services Inc.

what is chris's email?

-
Back