Slant 6 to V8 Conversion - transmission ?

-

dspurlin

Reaction score
Considering going with small block 48 on 72 Gold Duster - I understand the K frame must be changed (or kit ), but what about transmission? I know big block would require 727 - along with other modifications, but what about the 904 behind the 6? Modifications or out right replacment? Thanks in advance

not trying to hijack but i have a brand new kit that i bought but never used because i ended up going with a new k-member. ill sell it for cheap. if you are interested just PM me

sb tranny - thanks all - will check that out. Slight possibility I will go with big block in which case I assume will need 727 and modify to fit....

The SB tranny and slant tranny have the starter in different locations and are not interchangeable.

Thanks. Good to know 727 will fit with driveshaft modifications. Will need to change rear end as well....

With a big block I would do that also. If you have a 7 1/4 rear it will probably not live long behind a strong small block or a big block. Depending on how you drive of course.

-
Back