[WANTED] Slant 6 Water Pump Core

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Contact seller
As the title suggests, I need a slant 6 water pump core. Needs to be a "good" core, not locked up. I am wanting to see what it takes to press one apart and rebuild it. All these crappy parts store pumps are junk. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Holy crap, Batman! How many do you want?

And a little definition of what is a crappy parts store pump, as opposed to what is not a crappy pump, would be helpful. I think I have a pile of these squirreled away somewhere...

Holy crap, Batman! How many do you want?

And a little definition of what is a crappy parts store pump, as opposed to what is not a crappy pump, would be helpful. I think I have a pile of these squirreled away somewhere...
It was a new pump from O'reilly. I warranted it out already back in November of last year and the new one didn't make it a year. But yeah, pretty much all parts store stuff is crappy now. I want a Flowkooler, but they're not available till December......if then.

It was a new pump from O'reilly. I warranted it out already back in November of last year and the new one didn't make it a year. But yeah, pretty much all parts store stuff is crappy now. I want a Flowkooler, but they're not available till December......if then.
I had a NAPA lifetime warranty pump replaced in 2009 and 2015 in a 73 Chevy pick up with a 250 6 cylinder. Just got that one replaced with a new (limited) lifetime
warranty, 3 years or 30K miles. New Chinesium unit. Painted it and then had to grind the housing because the back of the pully was hitting it. Long for the days
of American made auto parts.

Well phooey. I went through my pile, they are reman parts store stuff. No good originals to be had.

Well phooey. I went through my pile, they are reman parts store stuff. No good originals to be had.
I don't care about that. I just want a good core I can rebuild.

How about NORS, yeah baby! I've had these for 25 years or better from an old dealers stock. Funny thing one has a stamped impeller and the other is cast...comes with moth eaten instructions and moushed up original box!

20221005_070906.jpg

20221005_070937.jpg

20221005_070928.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back