Slant 6ers Unite! Lol

-

SwinginDart74

Reaction score
Hey, my 74 Dart Swinger origionally came with a slant 6, I was thinking of going the easy way for power and throwing a cheap big block into it, BUT what I really want to do is throw a hopped up /6 in the girl! I just love the sound of a built up /6. How much should I pay for a running /6 and tranny?

Also does anyone have a nice camshaft in their /6, if so, could I get some sound clips! I want a lopey cam, that sound just gets me all hot and bothered..ha ha. I think a hopped up /6 has more character than a small block or big block, and around where I come from no one builds 6 bangers.

Well, the only slant we have in is my friends Volare wagon.......Super Six, and a good one......just bought a nice rebuilt carb for it...........

There are a LOT of threads on this site about the slants.........info. on intakes, carbs, headers, cams, you name it........and some of them produce some awesome horses...........

Mo-par to ya'..........Go for it if you want one..........I would say that just about any part you would want is either found on this site, or at a reputable link you'll find through one of the members.............

May your "slant" be two-fold.........first, the motor itself....and secondly, the angle of your front end as it "slants" upward coming out of the hole.

8)8)8)8)8)8) :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

I just sold my 18,000 mile granny-fresh 225/904 combo with all brackets, etc for a whopping $100. I wouldn't pay much more than that if I were you... my engine was like brand new and could barely give it away! :(

Here's a video I took yesterday of a friends road racing Dart, sound quality isn't the best but you can get the idea....forgive the surgine shh..shhh sound, it's my camera...kinda reminds me of Duel, lol.

EDIT: I had to wait for it to fully load to play it.

-
Back